Flying back from Maui through Vegas with over night stay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our return flight from Maui on Hawaiian Airlines arrives in Las Vegas at 11:30 pm. We are continuing on to Dallas the next day. We would not be able to get a flight on Southwest from Vegas to Dallas that same evening. I haven't seen any other airlines with flights out after midnight either.

Do hotels have a problem holding a reservation if you can't check in until after midnight? We will be arriving January 3, so I imagine the rush of the holidays would be over by then.

Thanks for any info!
Old Oct 12th, 2007, 10:41 AM

You will need to let them know of your arrival plans when you make your reservation. Holding a reservation after midnight usually is not automatic, but they may be willing to do so if you let them know in advance.
Old Oct 12th, 2007, 11:47 AM

When making reservation, there is usually a window for a special request. This is where you can type in "hold for late arrival". And if you reserve with a credit card, they will hold till 6 am.

Call before you leave for Hawaii to confirm. It should not be a problem.
Old Oct 12th, 2007, 11:57 AM

Yes, tell them and they'll hold. Not only that, but they'll charge your card. Which is fair.
Old Oct 12th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

Good to know! Thanks everyone!
Old Oct 12th, 2007, 12:29 PM
jcb

MrsJenn - Did you save some money doing the two different flights? Just curious b/c I fly out of DFW, DAL as well.

BTW, last time I went to Vegas my flight was really delayed by storms. There was a whole slew of people checking in at 2 a.m. w/ us. No problems what so ever.

Happy travelling!
Old Oct 12th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

jcb -
We were able to get our tickets with American Express points. We exchanged them for Hawaiian Air miles. It was the best exchange we could find. It saved us a ton of money and used little points! You can find great rates on Hawaiian, you just have to get to the cities they fly from! We are flying out of San Diego going to Maui and back from Maui to Vegas. We have Southwest reward miles to use for our flight to San Diego, so we're only having to pay for a flight from Vegas to Dallas ($99 on Southwest). Sounds like a crazy way to do it, but we couldn't afford to go otherwise (there are no specials for Maui during Christmas!)

Thanks for the heads up on your Vegas experience!

-Jenn
Old Oct 12th, 2007, 12:55 PM
jcb

Thanks Jenn - Your post just got my wheels turning since we usually have a few SW RR tickets available. Plus, we've been getting free rooms in Vegas for a few years now (Hopefully, that will continue)
Old Oct 12th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

Ahh! Nice, jcb! It's definitely going to be less than flying from Dallas! Hope it works out for you!