Search

Flying?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 09:51 AM
xxx

Flying?

How do you feel about flying now? I have a pleasure trip upcoming with my family, should I postpone?

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 09:55 AM
Jack

I'm flying to Europe next week, connecting in NYC.
Big deal.
Been there done that with all the anxiety talk. Not going to change my lifestyle based on threats of terrorism.
To each his/her own, however.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 09:56 AM
sss

I think you should postpone your question and show a bit of sensitivity here.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 11:08 AM
Lori

To xxx: How do YOU feel about flying now? Do you feel that you should postpone?

Would you truly let some strangers on a travel board decide your fate and plan your future for you? This question is beyond silly.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 04:52 PM
xxx

Just wondering what the majority of posters feel. I know what my family's decision is regarding our upcoming trip.

Fred there is no need for your pity or your "complements"!

Jack, I agree with your comment regarding to each his/her own. I guess I'm wondering how people are feeling about non-necessary flying.

Lori - sorry for the silliness

SSS - this is a posting forum, have you commented on all the other posts today to postpone questions, can we post tomorrow, if not when??? I don't mean to offend and if you are offended why are you even reading this forum today?

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 06:05 PM
meg

Fred is an *#$%. dont listen to him. I went through the same stuff trying to decide whether to go to Italy in Sept, and postponed, only to face a state dept warning days before my scheduled flight in OCT. I went. Had no probs. and I would have had no probs if id gone in Sept. too.

Just remember your odds are very low of dying in an airplane. Frankly all you smokers out there who are just about ensuring a slow painful death of cancer for yourselves make me laugh w. your fears of hijackings and plane crashes. Hey, a crash would be a hell of a lot better way to go in my opinion - fast and painless!!!

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 10:00 AM
cg

I am a bad flier, but I'm actually feeling less nervous about flying now than I did earlier this year (i.e. spring). Although recent events have been a bit scary, it's also forced me to think about the statistics of flying vs. driving vs. dying falling down the stairs in my house. Also, of all the people who were killed on Sept. 11, the vast majority of them were not on planes.

We've decided to change our plans and stay at home for Christmas, but that is due to my in-laws being paranoid rather than fear on our part. If you're not afraid of driving yourself on vacation, then I'd say don't be afraid of flying since your like a million times more likely to be killed in a car crash than a plane crash... Then again, if you're going to be completely miserable on your trip because of the flying, don't do it!

Good luck with your decision!