Reload this Page >

Florida Weather in Mid October

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2001, 06:11 AM
Pam

My husband and I are planning a trip to Florida in mid-October. Looking at Ft. Lauderdale, Miami or Key West. May I please have some first hand reports from someone who has visited these places during this time. We want more beach time than water time, so water temperatures don't really matter that much to us. Also, I know this is hurricane season, but I believe it is late season. Is that correct? I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Old May 15th, 2001, 07:33 AM
rob

......don't worry....the temps don't start dipping below 100 until mid-december.......take a light jacket for night-time. and i can't recall the last time we had a hurricane in october.....august & september are the prime 'cane months.

Old May 15th, 2001, 07:55 AM
Larry

Rob is forgetting Hurricane Irene (Oct '99) which caused flooding and wind damage in South Florida. However, he is correct that late season hurricanes are less frequent. Both beach and water temps will be great. this is a great time to visit Florida- least crowded, best rates.

Old May 15th, 2001, 08:08 AM
Pam

Thank you both!! We've only been to Florida in the summer (our kids are out of school then) so I wasn't sure what to expect. Sounds wonderful!

Old May 15th, 2001, 09:14 AM
Alli

Having lived in South Florida for over 27 years, I can say that in October the weather is quite nice as opposed to the grueling hot summers. Temps will still be warm, but the October winds will blow a bit keeping the air moving and thus the humididty will tend to be a bit lighter.

Hurricane season runs from June 1 to Novermber 1 (or perhaps it is Nov 30). October tends to be a little more quiet, storm wise. I do remeber Irene, boarded the house, made all precautions, and received more wind thatn rain. Can never be too careful.

It is actually agreat time for beach activities and the rates will tend to be less expensive.

Have fun!

Old May 15th, 2001, 09:40 AM
rachael

I've been to south Florida several times in October and November and temperatures were in the 70s and 80s.