FLORIDA theme parks-PRICE INCREASE

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 06:08 AM
Miriam

FLORIDA theme parks-PRICE INCREASE

As if the prices weren't high enough. Universal florida...islands of Adventure, Seaworld and Walt Disney World have all increased their prices to a bit over $50.

Theme park ticket prices will officially go up at 12:01 am on Wednesday. This effects ALL Orlando theme parks, including Disney, Universal and Sea World. Orders for tickets placed before then will be filled at the current prices. The average price increase this year for a Disney multi-day ticket
is appx 9%, so if you want to save yourself some $$, get your tickets now!

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 06:16 AM
Paul

Are you KIDDING ME??????? I would think that over the years their attendance has gone down b/c it's been so pricey. What is up with these people? Do they cater only to the very wealthy? Do they not know that the very welathy would never be caught dead in WDW?

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 06:27 AM
Patrick

Paul, who are you kidding? Have you been to these parks lately? Who said their attendance is down? They are all so packed one can hardly get around in them. Yes, it is pricey, but what hasn't gone up in the past year (except for the stock market)?

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 07:54 AM
John

I just read about our local NFL team's ticket prices going up next season to $60 per game. I think the theme parks charging $50 seems pretty reasonable, actually! I'd RATHER it be less but, as another poster mentioned, everything keeps going up.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 09:13 AM
ilisa

Paul, my husband and I are far from wealthy, but we are leaving tonight for our umpteenth trip to WDW. You just have to know how to plan a trip and get the discounts. I am grateful, however, that we bought our tickets 2 months ago.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 09:18 AM
Sandi

Message for Ilisa:

Hey, it's Sandi from the Test Track question. You said you have to know how to get the discounts... may I ask what type of discounts you received?

Thanks for any information you may wish to share.

Sandi

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 10:22 AM
ilisa

I belong to the Disney Club (formerly Magic Kingdom Club). Through them, I received 10% off our on-site rooms (some resorts get a 10% disount) and 10% off our park passes. I will also receive a 10% discount on all purchases at Disney Marketplace. I haven't calculated the savings on this trip, but last year we saved hundreds of dollars. We also purchase the refillable mugs at our resort. That saves us a bundle on drinks. You can also get discounts on rooms and passes through AAA. Oh, the Disney Club website is www.disneyclub.com.