Reload this Page >

Florida Panhandle help

Search

Florida Panhandle help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Jo

Florida Panhandle help

My husband and I are looking to stay a week to 10 days on the Florida panhandle.

I have done a lengthy search at this site and numerous "rental" sites and have information overload.

I've decided to "ask the experts".

We are looking for a townhouse or condo that is beach front. We would like to be able to sit on our balcony and see the water without having to look across the street or between buildings. We would like away from the crowds, the only things we need are a few restaurants nearby.

Anyone out there have favorites that they could share or personal knowledge. With so many places to stay I'm totally confused.

ANY help is appreciated. Thanks

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 12:09 PM
dan

Breakers condos in fort walton beach, Beautiful white beaches.Under 100$ and very nice. Dan

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 12:16 PM
ramjet

Destin would be a great choice, Go to Google and type in beachfront rentals Destin. Some great new beachfront homes are available on old 98 hwy. The beaches and water are fantastic here.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 12:18 PM
ramjet

I should have said homes AND condos/townhouses.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 01:28 PM
susan

There's a realty company in or near Destin called Abbott Realty. I've never used it myself but have heard lots of very good reports of it. They have a website you might check out. Sandestin has oceanfront condos, but if you plan to be there in the summer, they'd be very crowded.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 01:53 PM
marilyn

Look for properties on old highway 98 or county road 30. County road 30, though it has seen LOTS of development in the last few years, would still probably best meet your definition of "away from the crowds." My personal favorite is Seagrove Beach, which is just far enough away from Seaside to be quieter. Then call a reservationist at one of the realty companies in the area and STRESS what you want, ie, beachfront, quiet. Decide if you want a highrise condo or maybe a townhouse where you just open your door and you are on the beach.

Even tho county road 30 is "quiet," there are lots of nice restaurants in the area. Don't miss Bud & Alley's in Seaside for casual American, and Basmatti's for upscale Asian. Try whichever of the seafood restaurants look appealing--half the fun in this area is poking around and discovering 'your" favorite restaurants. You will love the beaches in this area, they are gorgeous.