Florida, Orlando, Miami

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Test

Florida, Orlando, Miami

Let's see where this end's up

Old May 8th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Cindi

You shouldn't have an apostrophe in ends.

Old May 9th, 2002, 04:50 PM
Test

Aruba, Jamaica, oooh I wanna take you to Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama!

Old May 9th, 2002, 05:52 PM
milly

Miami info please; is the city walkable, public transportation, hotels, anything useful to a first time solo visitor.

Old May 9th, 2002, 07:45 PM
LL

My advice for a 1st time visitor to Miami is learn to speak Spanish! Yes, Miami is in the U.S. but English is NOT the 1st language! You can walk around South Beach but being that a local teeneager was horribly kidnapped & murdered there on the beach last week I wouldn't recommend walking alone at night- public transportation is seedy and not like other big cities. If you haven't booked, yet maybe consider somewhere else if you are alone, like Fort Lauderdale or Key West. ( Sorry , Miami people but you know it's true)

Old May 11th, 2002, 12:39 AM
Will

Miami is walkable and you do not need to speak spanish. Most people still speak english. The only area where spanish will be helpful is Little Havana. Miami is an international city and you will find that almost everyone is multi-lingual. The public transit system is the best in Florida. We have the Metrorail elevated rail system, Metromover people mover trains, Metrobus, and TriRail commuter rail. The downtown area is very walkable during a weekday. Bayside downtown is always busy. South Beach and Coconut Grove are both very walkable at all times. Orlando now has a higher crime rate than Miami as do many other American cities. South Florida, including Miami, has been undergoing a Rennaisance the past ten years. Most everything has been redeveloped and cleaned up. It is not the era of Miami Vice anymore. The murder spoken about in the above post was commited by 5 thugs from Orlando.