Florida in February or March

Oct 19th, 2001, 12:59 PM
John

Florida in February or March

My wife & I are planning a quick 4 day trip to Florida in Feb. or March. Golf for me; beach for her. We want to be certain of warm temps (at least mid 70's). Any suggestions?

Oct 19th, 2001, 01:08 PM
Chuck

The further south you go the better the weather, I would suggest the Naples or Marco Island area. The Marriott Resort on Marco has a wonderful beach and a great golf course.

Oct 19th, 2001, 01:23 PM
TAMMY

Went to Florida mid March to Orlando and Clearwater Beach and had weather in 70s. Remember its spring break at that time of year and it can be busy.

Oct 19th, 2001, 02:49 PM
tannya

I live in Naples. Our weather then would be wonderful and we have wonderful golf courses. That is also peak season so the prices will be a bit high but you will have to come pretty far south to be guaranteed of nice weather and a tan. The beaches here are just beautiful. If you think you might be interested in Naples I would be happy to give you any info you might need (if I can). Let me know via email.
Tannya

Oct 20th, 2001, 06:14 AM
George

John-Spring Break starts the middle of March and runs roughly to Easter in April. The college kids tend to congregate in Panama City, Clearwater, Daytona, Key West, families with school age kids are also on break and they tend to head to Sanibel/Ft. Myers in that time frame.

I would suggest going in Feb., or the first week of March. The Naples area is your best bet for weather. I have been in Clearwater that time of year and it can get cool. Ft. Lauderdale is also another great place, but IMO, does not have nearly as many great golf courses as the Naples area.

Oct 20th, 2001, 06:55 AM
Kelly

For warm weather, you definetly need to be south. I would either go to Naples, Marco Island or Sanibel Island. The Marriott on Marco has one of the nicest beaches in the area.

Oct 20th, 2001, 08:05 AM
Jill

Some suggestions:

Inn at Pelican Bay, Naples
http://www.naplesinn.com/pelicanbay/pbhome.htm

Captiva Island South Seas Resort
www.south-seas-resort.com/home.html

Naples Beach & Golf Resort
http://www.naplesbeachhotel.com/

Resort at Longboat Key, near Sarasota
www.longboatkeyclub.com

Oct 20th, 2001, 08:12 AM