Search

Florida condo on the beach?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2003, 11:20 AM
cd
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florida condo on the beach?

Can anyone recommend a condo in south Florida for the month of Feb/Mar? We would like it to be waterfront. I have checked out websites but would like a recommendation from someone who has been there.
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 12:46 PM
GoTravel

cd, you are literally talking about millions of condos. South Florida stretches from Hobe Sound all the way down to the keys and back up around the west coast.

Do you have an area? A price range?

I would suggest you figure out what city amenities are important and go from there. Even though the area is somewhat compact, traffic is horrific.

Old Dec 30th, 2003, 12:58 PM

I would not recommend a condo to anyone. But I know that many people enjoy them. And there are many, many, many, many, many, many to choose from so take your pick.
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 01:01 PM
GoTravel

Your budget would be a big help.

Old Dec 30th, 2003, 05:31 PM

What type of are are you looking for. Quiet and serene? Night life? It depends. There's some thing for every one. Price is a very big factor as well. I wish I could help you because I am a Realtor in south Florida. This is a very busy time of the year. I work from Hobe sound, Jupiter to Palm beach and West Palm. Write me back and I will help you any way I can, or I can point you in the right direction. Age, sex and marital status also makes a difference too. Some places are more family oriented while some are more party singles oriented. Good Luck!!
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 07:28 PM
cd
Original Poster

We would just like to live on a beach for a month. Don't care where the beach is as long as it's warm. Night life is not important. Walks by the water and marina's and exploring is important. Sailing would be a plus. Our children are grown so we would just need a one bedroom unit. A small Inn would be fine as long as we would have a kitchen and if they would give us a break on a monthly rate. Thank you.
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 07:35 PM

There is a condo in Boca Raton , on the Intracoastal, with views of the Ocean ( which is right across the street with BEACH ACCESS--

They have one bedrooms and 2 bedrooms..
I KNOW a 2 bed goes for $3300 for a month in season..

Condo is called Boca Towers...
Phone is (561) 395-3664...

The location is IDEAL--between Palmetto Park Blvd and Spanish River right on A1A ( Ocean Drive)...You are a 10 min drive over the Intracoastal Bridge to Mizner Park which has a ton of neat shops and restaurants..and about a 15 min drive up Glades Rd to Town Center Mall which has Sak,Bloomies,Norstrom and The Cheesecake Factory...

This condo is about 30 years old but kept up nicely...The pool area is nice and the views on the Intracoastal are awesome!! You are very close to the Intracoastal and can see the yachts go by up close and personal..

Give them a call...they do have 1 bedrooms but I do not know the rate...All condos have balconies...Corner condos have the better views..

Hope this helps--

Oh, average age is 50-70---as the old folks die, younger people have come in and are re-doing and fixxing up older condos..so it is a good mix...

Not much as far as nite life in the condo,but there is a social director that does dinners for major holidays...

Also has small marina for boat dockage..
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 07:35 PM

I don't mean to be overly pushy on this idea, but what are you ready to spend? Here in Naples, I can't even think of any one bedroom condos on the beach. Maybe some if you moved to Marco, Ft. Myers Beach or Sanibel. But you do realize that Feb. and March are by far the two most expensive months? Many good places will require a three month minimum when it includes either of those two months. You can get a place in January or April for as little as half of the one month -- Feb/March price. And it is also very late to be looking for a great place for this year. I'm not saying it's impossible, just difficult and expensive.
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 07:44 PM
cd
Original Poster

Thanks Andy and Patrick!
I will call Boca Raton tomorrow. We have never done this for a month before so I really have no idea what we have to pay. I was hoping for 2000.00
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 06:20 AM

cd-Have you checked on vrbo.com? They do have a comments section on each page where you can check out previous comments. Are you a member of boatus? They have condos for rent in the back of their magazines. They will send you a free magazine if you ask. Here is the website, scroll down to the bottom for a free copy. http://www.boatus.com/news/reports.htm
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 06:55 AM

cd -- my inlaws stay at a place in Deerfield Beach (just north of Ft. Lauderdale) called Seabonnay. It is not too expensive (in November it was about 60 a nite) and it has 1 br units right on the beach. the price definitely reflects the fact that it is slightly in need of a rehab. Ask for room 612 ( I think) that's top floor ocean view. And it's right on the ocean (you literally walk out of the elevator and you're on the beach). there's a kitchen and a small pool. It aint the ritz, but from what you've posted it sounds like it might fit the bill.
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 07:08 AM
GoTravel

$2000 a night may work in Hollywood Florida which is between Miami Beach and Ft. Lauderdale.

Try Greenbriar Beach Resort.

Old Dec 31st, 2003, 07:59 AM

I'm assuming that you want to spend about $2000/month? Not a night, like GoTravel stated (the cold weather is going to the brain, for sure).

I can recommend a place not in South Florida but rather Treasure Island on the Gulf coast near St. Petersburg/Clearwater. Sunset Chateau is located at the southern tip of Treasure Island in a neighborhood called Sunset Beach, where I own a beach rental house (which is rented through April, sorry). Sunset Chateau has many one-bedroom units. This is an absolutely gorgeous beach on the Gulf, a cute residential neighborhood with a few places within walking distance to eat at, and a beach trolley that takes you to other locations along the beaches for many miles in either direction. This part of Treasure Island (Sunset Beach) is one block wide and about 30 blocks long -- we love this beach. I think you could find a place in your price range through VRBO.com or vacationrentals.com. The beach is great, just be sure you see photos of the interior where you'll be spending your time -- all the units are individually owned and individually decorated, so you could get quick a mix of styles and accomodations.

I don't have any South Florida recs. Good luck.

Old Dec 31st, 2003, 08:25 AM

Last year we booked a condo via "Interhome" at Pompano beach/Ft Lauderdale. The name of the resort is Sea Gardens. They had a direct access to the private beach. Not cheap, 4 stars, but good. There are units with 1 or 2 bedrooms, with washer and dryer or without. There is also a beautiful exotic patio garden..., and a little shop... it was perfect!
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 08:31 AM

Me again.. forgot to say there a 3 swimming pools and a hot tub. It's also a paradise for tennis-lovers.
Check out at "tripadvisor" and other sites for pictures.
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 09:36 AM
cd
Original Poster

You guys are all great. This is just what I wanted, personal knowledge! I will check out all your suggestions! Thanks!
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 09:41 AM

First, let me say, Go Travel my brain is freezing too. We just got back from the FL gulf side, go every year--somewhere different, usually, but last year ruined us when we went to Siesta Key. Prior, we've done Marco Island, Fort Myers, this year just south of Venice (Englewood). We ended up trekking up to Siesta for two different days to spend the day on the beach walking and enjoying the scenery and were mourning the fact that we didn't go back. As far as beaches go, you cannot find a lovelier beach than Crescent Beach on Siesta Key. With that in mind, there are beachfront condos all over, and if you just do a search on one of the engines by typing in Siesta Key Condo you will find plenty of opportunities. I have already started looking for next year and we asked to see condos in three different buildings while we were there. From what I can see, some owners are offering specials for this year because of cancellations or because they aren't yet booked. Good Luck!
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 09:41 AM
GoTravel

Yes, the cold has gotten to my brain and I meant to write $2000 per month.

I love Hollywood, it is a great little town that hasn't been over run. For lack of a better way to put it, it has a great little blue collar feeling.

I saw a lunch special recently: One large pizza and pitcher of beer $10.

Now that is my kind of place!

Old Dec 31st, 2003, 02:03 PM

My husband and I recently discovered a little condo on Anna Maria Island (right below Tampa) that is amazing. You can access the info by going to www.annamaria.com - The Beachfront. The Beachfront is a condo that is in a building with five condos. From the deck of the condo, you can walk down to the beach or walk down to the pool. The island is quiet and just breathtakingly beautiful! We walked and walked the beach - fished off the pier, collected lots of shells, steamed shrimp in the condo then sometimes went out to eat or for an ice cream. My husband and I will go back there time and time again!
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 06:50 PM

Kimi, I thought I would check out your condo as well since we frequent the area yearly, and found the condo you mentioned looked very nice, but is it just me or are the prices a little high??? Feb/Mar for cd would be almost $13,000, plus tax I am sure. Maybe I need to start posting on the the Fodor's budget board

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -