Florida Beaches in Dec.

Old Apr 21st, 1999, 06:01 AM
Nikole

Florida Beaches in Dec.

Looking to spend a week on the beach in early December. Right now thinking mostly Ft. Lauderdale....any other suggestions?! Also need suggestions of which hotel to stay at. Would like something nice, not outrageous but with the comforts of room service and such!

Old Apr 21st, 1999, 09:20 AM
michele

Nikole,

December can be "iffy" beach weather, but if the sun is with you I had a lovely afternoon on JUNO beach near Palm Beach. Very unspoiled, no concessions stands, but there were beach showers. A beautiful swimming beach. ( I like Fort Lauderdale Beach, also)

Old Apr 21st, 1999, 09:23 AM
michele

I am having trouble getting this posted.
Try JUNO beach near Palm Springs. The Gulf side has lovely white, white sand beaches, but I prefer a little more bounce in my salt water and stay on the Atlantic side. Hope you get both messages.

Old Apr 28th, 1999, 11:05 AM
lisa

hi Nicole - you don't say how old you are but some parts of Florida are more fun than others. In December I'd say the Atlantic Ocean can be quite cold unless you go pretty far South. Ft. Lauderdale is fun but crowded. I went there a few times for spring break and in Feb./March weather was great! However, these days I prefer the Gulf Coast for many reasons. It is more residential...less commercial. Plus I love the smooth gulf waters and white sand beaches of Clearwater. but wherever you go, have fun..Floridians are a friendly, fun-loving bunch, seafood is great, atmosphere relaxed.

Old Apr 28th, 1999, 11:37 AM
Diane

We always liked to visit Bradenton Beach, Santa Maria Island (I think) on the gulf side, when visiting the Grandparents in Sun City Center. Long Boat Key is also quite lovely.