Reload this Page >

First trip to New England States

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 1999, 03:20 PM
Janice

2 fun-loving couples spending one week in rental car in the New England states. We definitely want to see Niagara Falls. What would be some other not-to-be-missed places?

Old Jun 20th, 1999, 05:50 PM
Elsa

Hi,
Sorry to have to correct you but Niagra Falls is in NY, which is not one of the 6 N.E.states. It is a long drive from the falls to N.E. VT,NH, and ME are quite different than MA,RI, and CT. Boston is a great city, and there's plenty to do if you like cities. If not, it's much quieter up north in "the
country."

Old Jun 20th, 1999, 06:49 PM
Beth

Hi Janice,
it would help to know where are you starting from, what time of year and what are your interests, scenery? history? sports (spectator or participant)? To drive from Boston to Niagara falls probably takes close to 10 hours (give or take an hour). There are lots of places in New York state that would be great, but as Elsa points out, that wouldn't qualify as New England. If you can give me a little more info, I could make some suggestions.

Old Jun 21st, 1999, 03:30 AM
margot

Go anywhere in Vermont! Mt. Snow area in the south or Stowe in the north. It'll be beautiful anytime of year, and there is always something to do - antique shopping, hiking, etc. And be sure to stay in a bed & breakfast when you go.

Old Jun 22nd, 1999, 10:22 AM
Grace

Maine is pretty far North, but definitely not the least bit commercialized. Kennebunk and Kennebunkport Maine are the residence of George Bush-so take advice from two smart people (him and me!!!) maine is a great destination. These two towns are side-by-side, great shopping, great beaches, great history. They're a blast! Very similar to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard-just undiscovered.