Search

first time sedona

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 05:35 PM
david

first time sedona

my wife and i are planning a trip to Sedona late Oct or early Nov. has anybody been there this time of year and how was the weather etc. thinking of staying in Enchantment resorts or Mii amo,the spa, has anybody stayed at the spa.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 04:26 AM
steve

Weather should be perfect. There is always a chance of rain, of course, but that is one of the least likely times of the year. Later in November, the winter rainy season (such as it is in Arizona) begins.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 06:41 AM
NBP

Hello. We stayed at Los Abrigados Resort & Spa. We stayed in their Inn, I believe. It's cheaper than staying in the main buildings. However, it was fantastic! We went in March, which I will admit was a bit colder than I'd prefer. You had to really bundle up to go hiking. However, there is no other place like Sedona. It's truely mystical. I will warn you that eating out is rather expensive. If you can stay somewhere with a mini kitchen (ours had one) you can save a bundle of money.

Have fun!

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 06:55 AM
Kelly

I definitely agree with the kitchen - not only is eating out expensive but a lot of people seem to think the restaurant options aren't the best in Sedona and I have to agree (though I haven't tried that many yet). Late October would be good - still pretty warm in the day for hiking. November might be better if you like cooler days and chilly (fireside) nights. Enchantment is in a lovely location and I hear wonderful things about it. It is close to hiking and I believe you can take a jeep tour or go horseback riding right from that area (if not right from the resort itself). Take a side trip up to Jerome, AZ if you like quirky art towns and good prices direct from the artists. Stop at the Montezuma Castle (hope that's the right name) on your way.

Have a great time!

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 07:31 AM
x

do a search for Sedona...there is alot of info...send for info...they`ll send booklets and maps...

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 07:58 AM
Tony Hughes

Stayed there at the same time as you are suggesting but back in '99. Warm enough for outdoor pool/hot tub. Cools off rapidly in late afternoon, though.