Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

First Time In S.F. / Rice-A-Roni Restaurants??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 06:13 AM
Jean

My boyfriend and I are taking our first trip to San Francisco. He loves Rice-a-Roni (the San Francisco Treat) and I would like to surprise him when we get there and take him to the fineset Rice-a-Roni restaurant in the area. Does anyone have suggestions?

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 06:19 AM
phil

Very funny!

Can't recommend a S.F. place. but I know a great restaurant in Dublin for "Lucky Charms."

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 09:41 AM
Caitlin

Jean, this is such a trollish sounding post. If you are truly not a troll, lrt me break the news: the place in SF to find Rice-a-Roni is the grocery store. All kinds of restaurants in SF all across the quality spectrum, but Rice-a-Roni restaurants not part of the mix. Nor are Kraft mac'n cheese restaurants.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 09:52 AM
SFNative

Just in case:
Rice-a-Roni was invented in some corporate food lab in Chicago or someplace. It bears no resemblance to anything served in SF restaurants.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 10:17 AM
kam

Do they even still make that stuff? Yuck!

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 11:33 AM
ilisa

Now I have that stupid jingle in my head.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 12:27 PM
L

The closest place I know might be the trolly museum, and they can ring the bell while you sing the jingle. After which, what about Plouf for a french lunch of seafood? But it is an intriguing question, and maybe an interesting idea for a restaurant. I mean, what's so special about arches? Good luck, though, and have fun in SF. Ciao