Reload this Page >

Fine Dining in New York

Search

Fine Dining in New York

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 1997, 02:36 PM
E.J. Benham

Fine Dining in New York

Which of the following would you recommend for fine dining in New York before the theater: Daniel, Le Cirque, Four Seasons or Cafe des Artistes? I would appreciate other suggestions as well. It is our first visit to New York and would like to experience some wonderful dining experiences.

Old May 30th, 1997, 05:08 PM
Donna

Any of those would be wonderful dining experiences. Be sure to go to Rainbow Promenade Bar for a drink. Incredible view at night! Here's another fabulous website for NYC restaurants: www.metrobeat.com. Terrific maps.

Old May 30th, 1997, 05:53 PM
Marianne

There are so many great restaurants in N.Y.C. The
ones you have mentioned are all good. Le Cirque at 65th and park ave. has closed down and has reopened on 50th and madison ave. as "Le Cirque 2000". We dined at the old Le Cirque and found the food exellent. I am sure the new one has a comparable reputation. " Restaurant
Daniel" (co-owned by Daniel Boulud who was theexecutive chef at the old Le Cirque) is supposed to be excellent (never dined there). Lutece is a good restaurant too. Four Seasons is great! The service is like service you've never seen before. They treat you like royalty! The food
is outstanding. Be sure to eat in the Pool Room (I think that's what it's called- we haven't been there in ages!) Montrachet and TriBeCa Grill are good places too. This summer a pastry shop and informal restaurant named 'Payard' is scheduled to open and should be good too. The location is 73rd
and Lexington . Hope you have a great time!
i

Old May 31st, 1997, 08:25 AM
steve

The Four Seasons is still outstanding:food, service, ambiance are top-notch. CocoPazzo Theatro is a good place if you're going to the theatre. A few other places we like very much are: Gotham Bar & Grill, Union Square Cafe, Aquavit and Arcadia.

Old Jun 1st, 1997, 07:37 AM
Bobbi Garber

All of the abouve restaurants are excellent. I was recently in NY and ate at Picholine. It was great but pricy as you must be aware.