Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Fellow Atlantans!! Have you been to Atlantic Station?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This afternoon I was in Midtown and I decided to go over and have a look at Atlantic Station. WOW!! I want to live there. Anyone else been?
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 05:14 AM

I'm not an Atlantan, but I visited it with Atlantans a couple of weeks ago, and I was very impressed. I wish I could live there! When I was in school in Atlanta, we discussed this project often because it was a city planning program. I think that it will become an example of how to revitalize urban areas.
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

It is impressive. Most of these "redevelopment" projects are disappointing to me. But they really did this one right. Of course, it helped that they had such a large piece of property available to them.
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 09:23 AM

I haven't been over yet but I've passed it a few times since the grand opening. It looks really nice. I could never afford to live there, however. i can't stomach paying $300,000 or more for a townhouse. But for those who can, it's a great thing.

I think what is working in Atlantic Station's favor is that it got a lot of buy in from different parties. That really helped. And the free shuttle from the Arts Center Station (I think that's right) doesn't hurt.

I do plan to see it when I have a chance. It was fun watching it rise up when I was working near Ga. Tech. I hope it is a big success. We need it!
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

Well, I don't want to live in a townhouse or a condo, so that's out. I went to an open house at one of the houses in the summer. It was really nice. They aren't HUGE houses, but larger than the house I'm in now. Anyway, the asking price was in the low $700's. If I could afford it, I'd definately give it some serious thought.