Feedback for Embassy Suites in Maui

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Miriam

Feedback for Embassy Suites in Maui

We will be in Maui on 9/1/02-9/8/02. Needs ideas on where to stay. Somewhere close to the beach, nice area.

Any tips would be appreciated,
Miriam

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Rob Sawatsky

I'd suggest the book "Maui Revealed". It will answer many of your questions.

It is published by Wizard Publications.

Authors Andrew Doughty and Marriett Friedman.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Maui

Avoid the ES Maui unless you're on a strict budget and have 6 or 7 yapping and ever hungry rugrats in tow. (Now wouldn't that be a wonderful vacation?)

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 07:25 PM
honeymooner

My feedback is kind of old since my husband and I were on our honeymoon back in April 1990, but we stayed at the ES Maui on our last nights in Hawaii after 10 days spent on 4 different islands through Pleasant Hawaiian Vacations. Our suite was beautiful, overlooking the ocean. We loved it so much we ended up booking an additional night and extending our stay one more day. The pool was pretty but the beach was just a sliver of sand if I remember right. But then Hawaii does have those big blockbuster resorts that probably far surpass the ES. And that was almost 12 years ago! Have fun!

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Been There

To 'honeymooner': the ES has declined mightily since 1990. Back then it was new, biggest rooms on the island, cutting edge bathrooms, etc.
Now it's a timeshare outfit and is a shadow of its former self.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 09:57 PM
honeymooner

Thanks for the info, BeenThere... that is too bad.... guess I'll just have to keep my memories and photos of those days...