Feast at Lele, My Maui Trip Report

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Feast at Lele is very impressive and even pleased my skeptical husband who thinks luaus are too commercial. We both loved the Feast of Lele. The food is wonderful and gourmet. all the tables have a nice view of the water. they serve you the food in little shells and you eat a tremendous variety of foods from Tahiti, Hawaii, Samoa, New Zealand...We got tickets for $30 discounted price each, from Pleasant Hawaiian, so our tickets were $70 or $75 each. Regular price is around $95 for adults. they do have a kids price.

Fantastic service, we never had to wait for what we asked for. They serve the food to you, and bring you any drinks you want, included free mixed drinks. (Well, I mean they mixed drinks are included in the price!) You tip once at the end if you want.

The food comes at intervals, and the dances are arranged at intervals. So there is time to visit the restroom if you want, take your child for a short walk if you have a child with you, or go for a smoke break if you smoke. (We don't smoke.)

The show is fun and the dancers perform dances from Tahiti, Hawaii, New Zealand, Samoa...We really enjoyed the show. Nice costumes too.

Here's the menu that we were served:
First course: Kalua Pork, slow-roasted; Pohole Fern Shoots and Hearts of Palm Salad; Seared Island Fish, with mango sauce and tropical fruit salsa.

Second course:
Sea Bean Duck Salad with Poha Berry Dressing (but we didn't see any duck in the salad); Kuku Patties (fishcakes with salmon, mussels, and scallops with Manuka honey corn relish, Harore Kumara, roasted mushrooms, orange sweet potato, onions and garlic.

Third course: chicken, fish, scallops...
fourth course: Steak and more....
Yummy desserts...

sounds like a lot of food but you get a sample portion of each so it turns out to be just the right amount of food. My husband asked for seconds on something he loved and the waitor brought it for him.

The Feast at Lele is located in Lahaina, which is a fun and slighly tacky shopping town. Get there early to find street parking or pay $5 to park in their underground lot. www.feastatlele.com

Old Jan 28th, 2005, 05:02 PM

We're doing Feast of Lele for my brother's wedding dinner and can't wait!
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Original Poster

TravelDiva, enjoy the Feast at Lele, I think it's a great choice to help celebrate a wedding. Happy honeymooning to the bride and groom!
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 12:09 PM

Hey Melissa5, what time does the Feast at Lele begin? We get in to Kahului around 1:30. Will there be enough time without rushing around to do this the 1st night and get into the Aloha spirit?
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 08:06 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
www.feastoflele.com

but for the life of me i couldn't see where they said what time the show started!
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 03:59 PM

I have a reservation for the Feast at LeLe on May 1, 2005.
Our confirmation says:

Please meet at 6pm

Old Apr 17th, 2005, 04:11 PM

Thanks. I did check the website and found no time.
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 01:05 PM

Melissa...Can we get any discounts for the Feast at Lele one we arrive Maui on Thursday?
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 02:32 PM

To my knowledge neither F@L or OLL discount, but I do recall someone posting here that they were offered a deal through maybe their tour company? But, generally, no Feast@L sells out and does not need to discount.