Search

Family reunion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 04:41 PM
Chuck

Family reunion

My in-laws will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary next Spring. They want all of their children and grandchildren (total of 23 all together) to spend a week together to celebrate. A cruise is O.K. but we're looking for something more along the lines of a large house where all families can stay, sharing meals, etc. The location should be near some outdoor activities, i.e. swimming, hiking, etc. The "house" should come with a staff for cooking meals. Any ideas?

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:05 PM
moreinfo

If you gave a tad more info such as where all these folks live or are willing to travel, you may receive a few responses.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:36 PM
aaaaaaa

Check with realtorson Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket. There are lots of estates & compounds that get rented out. Also, couple places in Chathham on Caoe Cod

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:41 AM
Susan

Chuck, more info on where you are all coming from, budget and other limitations would be helpful. But, I researched a similar family reunion recently and found many very large houses in the Puerto Vallarta area with views of the ocean and staff on hand to cook all meals, do food shopping, bartend and maid service. Much more affordable than a similar setup anywhere in the US. Good luck!

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:56 AM
gail

I thought you were absolutely crazy until I got to the last line stating you want staff to do meals. I had an image of siblings and cousins fighting over whose turn it was to load the dishwasher!

Although I am not a B&B fan generally, you might also consider renting a large B&B or small inn to accomodate all of you.

Please provide some clue as to location.