Reload this Page >

Family Oriented Magic Shows

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 11:18 AM
Eric

Anyone have any ideas on some of the best magic shows in Vegas that are for families (children 8 to 11 yrs old)?

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 06:31 PM
annemarie

Definitely the Lance Burton show at the MOnte Carlo...our family loved it. I think there is a freebie in the afternoons at the tropicana...not sure but I heard that it wasn't too bad either.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 08:28 PM
Eric

Yes...I heard Lance was pretty good. I just might do that since we are staying at that hotel.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 10:24 PM
Teresa

Eric,

We saw Lance Burton's show in February--your kids will love it. It's very family-oriented and he always brings
2-3 kids on stage to assist him during the show. There isn't much 'good, clean fun' in Vegas but Lance Burton definitely is included in that category.

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 12:05 PM
Lisa

I know nothing about magic shows, but I just wanted to thank you, Eric (I'm not being sarcastic). If I see/hear anyone use the word "orientated" when they should use "oriented" I'm going to scream. So I'm going around applauding proper usage.

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 02:16 PM
Owen O'Neill

If by chance Geoff (Jeff) McBride is playing - go to see him. It's not a traditional magic show and he's absolutely amazing - good for all ages. I've seen Copperfield and others and McBride is truly the best - very unique and doesn't use big gimmicky setups - just does things that truly appear magic.

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 03:58 PM
Mr. Killjoy

From Websters Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary:
(hey, it's the most recent I have here!)

_________

ORIENTED: intellectually or emotionally directed.

ORIENTATED: to face or turn to the east

_________

So what we learned here, Lisa, is that maybe Eric is using the WRONG grammar, if by chance he is looking for a Family Magic Show Facing East to the Strip.

(Gotta love those grammar police!)

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 10:31 AM
dowahdiddee

HA!

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 11:46 PM
jon

Just go back from the Steve Wyrick (sp?) show at the Sahara. (live in Vegas) This is a great magic show to take the children to. I was really impressed with the sets. He even makes an airplane appear out of nowhere! Enjoy.

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 12:59 PM
stacey

I would recommend the Steve Wyrick show at the Sahara. He has some amazing things up his sleeve. Check it out!

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:23 PM
brian

i got back from Vegas today. DON'T SEE LANCE BURTON, 1.5 hour show 30 minutes of it was a funny comedian. lance was kids play, dumb stuff, birds from the hat, the fee stuff in Vegas beat this waste of $54.95, pitiful.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:28 PM
Lance Fan

Well....WE liked it, and so did our kids (12 & 14). So THERE!

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 06:20 PM
bettyk

The last time we were in Vegas, we saw the Max King show at Harrah's. It's on during the day and is really a good family type show. I would definitely recommend seeing it if he's still there. It was quite reasonably priced too as I remember.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 06:45 PM
Chickie

Lance Burton was wonderful for ALL ages. Will be seeing Steve Wyrick(Sahara) in August.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 05:40 PM
magicman

ceasars magical empire is outstanding--dinner and a show in fabulous atmosphere--it can't be beat for an entire evening of fun