Reload this Page >

Family hotel in Key West

Search

Family hotel in Key West

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 09:45 AM
John

Family hotel in Key West

My wife and 1 yr old daughter will be in Key West for a couple of days in late March. I've been to keywest.com and I saw lots of lodging choices, but no recommendations.
We are looking for something not too expensive (less than $200 per night, preferably less than $150), but would only like to pay that much if it includes a view. Otherwise, we'd prefer something less expensive. Amenities or beach front are less important. B&Bs are great, but do they want a 1 year old? Thanks for the help.
P.S. to AMS, I don't care how unsafe Florida is, so don't bother posting.

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 11:28 AM
ilisa

I've been looking into the same thing; we'll be there in April with a 1 year old. I emailed several places. Some lovely ones that accept children are Andrews B&B, Avalon B&B, and Southernmost Point B&B (not motel). Southernmost Point was also highly recommended on this forum (prices are good as well). I think that's where we'll stay. It was either Andrews or Avalon that told me they love children. There were a few others, but these three looked the most attractive with the better prices.

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 06:39 PM
Michelle

I have stayed at Duval House in the Keys which is very nice for a romantic weekend. My friend recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Key West which was reasonably priced and nice. I believe the room was no more that $125 with 2 double beds.

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 06:45 PM
krish

Try priceline.com .
I got a garden view suite for $80/night
at Sheraton suites in Key west. Mid-January 2000. Iam leaving in a
couple of days. I believe that
they go by name and is a real good steal for that price. I do all my travel
planning on the net and i am sure that
you will not be disappointed. But about
safety, iam not sure. I know miami has
a bad-reputation. Good luck.

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 03:23 PM
krish

Please remove the NOSPAM from my
email address to email me.

Feedback. I visited Key west. The resort
was just great. For $80/night, i had
a garden view suite, but from the windows, i could see the ocean. It was
a nice one with 2 rooms. Tv's in each.
The living room had a sofa cum bed, a
bar with refrigerator. They fill it up
with all sodas,water, alcohol. The
bedroom had a king size bed. There was
a jacuzzi. Free 2 packs of starbuck
coffee/day. The folks at the conceirge
were nice. I called them ahead prior to
my arrival and reserved the Dry tortugas
trip. In the absence of the folks in the
concierge,another person in the reception helped me schedule my para-sailing at the time i wanted to. I
tried it on my own, but could not get
that timeslot in a couple of hours notice. That was really nice of him.
I never tried the restaurant. It was
expensive. The resort has scooter
rental. The parasailing dock is just a
few yards from the hotel. The main
mallory square and the shopping areas
are quite easily accessable. They have
shuttles to these places. Send me a
personal email if you want to hear more.
Thanks
krish

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 06:14 PM
susan

The Hyatt in Key West is very family friendly, though I'm not sure what the going rates are. The Ocean Key House, which is a few doors down from the Hyatt is also family friendly. Better still is the Galleon, which is next door to the Hyatt and has fully equipped condos, but I'm not sure what the nightly rental is. As for crime, Key West has virtually none.

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 11:16 AM
lisa

I definitely recommend the Southernmost Point Guest House if you are looking for a reasonably-priced place with character and local charm. Very laid-back and kind owner named Mona Santiago. This is a huge old mansion. Some rooms have a partial ocean view (the beach is across the street). Nice help-yourself continental breakfast included in the rates, free parking, and a homey atmosphere with a huge front porch, jacuzzi, and hammocks in the yard. Lots of privacy. Quiet atmosphere away from the hoopla of downtown but a 10-minute walk to the shops and restaurants and sights. The trolley tour stops nearby. The rooms are not fancy but very comfortable with coffeemakers and small refrigerators (which definitely helps with a baby). There is a good restaurant at the hotel on the water which is across the street. The website is www.southernmostpoint.com if you want to take a look. The only downside I can think of is there's no pool, but I would definitely stay there again.