Family going to the Keys

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Rose

Family going to the Keys

Our family of 4 (kids are 16 & 13) is traveling through the Keys this June. Is the Moorings a good place to stay, and are there any 2 bedroom rooms? Any information would be great!

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Jammie

Not only is it a great place to stay but expensive but very nice. Its on the bayside of Islamorada & they have cottages with 1 or 2 bedrooms. It is usually kind of quiet there, but what a beautiful place. Just a recommendation, no intent what so ever, you might want to try the Cheeca Lodge which is more family oriented with kids. Doesn't mean you can't stay at The Morrings because its great, just less kids around. I would recommend the Moorings. If you decided to stay at The Morrings, I would try to make reservations now for June. There are a lot of very nice restaurants to go to & plenty of things to do around Islamorada. Its the off-season but they can fill up quite fast.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Rose

Thank you, Jammie! Also, thank you to the poster who "ttt" the other post!
The Moorings looks so inviting, and our children are very well-behaved, as we've taken them many places through the years.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 05:46 PM
michele taylor

I just came back from Hawk's Cay Resort in Duck Key. Between Islamorada and Marathon. I have been at some of the best hotels but this is Paradise. I felt like I was on an island somewhere. If heaven on earth does exists it is here.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 06:54 PM
susan

I think your teens will be bored to death at the Moorings, which is primarily an adult place to stay. If you're tied to staying in Islamorada, I'd advise the Cheeca Lodge, which is next door to the Moorings. For teens, why not go on down to Key West?

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:47 AM
pat

We just returned from keys and also stayed at Hawk's cay resort in one of their villas. It WAs priciey but it is a townhouse with 2 stories/2 bedrooms/lr/dr/kitchen/2 balconey. We had a wonderful time. There wwas so much to do at the resort and it was not toofar from key west (about an hour max). They have 5 pools and tons of watersports. We went parasailing which was really fun, snuba diving and my sons went wakeboarding. The guys running the sports were great with teaching the kids. Sitting by the pool with drinks in the afternoon wasn't too bad either. The only thing is is that is is very hot and it will be even hotter in June. Take lots of strong sunscreen and apply often. Everyone there looked liked lobsters.have fun.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 07:19 AM
Rose

ttt

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 01:42 PM
ray

Try the Cheece Lodge.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 05:01 AM
ray

Sorry for the typo : CHEECA Lodge