Fairmount vs.St. Anthony Hotel

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 02:18 PM
Paul

Fairmount vs.St. Anthony Hotel

Which is the better hotel? I have a suite booked at each for November but can't decide. Any suggestions for a special restaurant for Thanksgiving Dinner?

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 03:19 PM
houdini

Where might these hotels be located???

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 06:13 AM
Dan Dame

The St. Anthony is only a block from the river walk. From your message you will be there for Thanksgiving when they light the river walk for Christmas. I have stayed at the St. Anthony a couple of times and you will not be disappointed. It is an older hotel with class, the lobby is impressive, I am sure that you could eat at the hotel for Thanksgiving, they are known for their lavish Sunday brunches overlooking Travis Park. The Fairmont is further away from the riverwalk.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 06:38 AM
Duh

I second Houdini. There are many cities that have "river walks" and Fairmount Hotels. This forum was not meant to be a puzzle.

Please be kind to us dumbies and state a CITY!!!!!!

dUH

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 06:55 AM
Merit badge

San Antonio - the only place you'll find THE Riverwalk, as opposed to a (pale imitation) riverwalk.
The Fairmount is a lovely place, as is the St Anthony. SA is very walkable and neither hotel is poorly located. The Fairmount is closer to La Villita, HemisFair, SouthTown arts area. St. Anthony is closer to the northern edge of the downtown area, fewer things in the immediate area. My vote goes for the Fairmount - smaller, a little more upscale, and a better resturant.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 08:50 AM
Sam

Was in San Antonio a few months ago. I liked the St. Anthony but didn't find THE Riverwalk to be all that appealing. Sort of an upscale ditch, if you'll pardon the expression. But, people flock to SA so I am in the minority on this one.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 09:15 AM
Duh

Sam,

You know how Texans are.

Duh yo'all.