fairmont scottsdale princess??

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 06:16 AM
darren

fairmont scottsdale princess??

Hi...anyone know how this resort is???...thinking of an early september trip for alot of R and R...before hockey season up here in Canada. Is september a nice time in AZ?..thank you,Darren

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 08:53 AM
xxx

There is another question going on this same topic-great resort, but hot time of year.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 09:24 AM
ann

Very hot in September...still over 100 most days.
Princess is nice, but not on a scale with the best in the area.
But the rates are more reasonable also.
My biggest gripes are that the rooms are too spread out...feels like an apartment complex with some rooms a quarter mile from the main hotel...pool is nice but not spectacular, rooms nice but not luxurious by current standards.
If you golf, that's a big plus.
It's also quieter out by the Princess than in by the Phoenician.
If you're not overly picky about rooms, the Biltmore and Camelback Inn also have competitve rates in this segment of the market.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Michelle

Stayed at the Princess with my mom in August, while it was very hot we found the hotel to be excellent. The service was impeccable and the food at the hotels 5 restuarants was very good. They also have a great spa/exercise facility. The complex is very big so plan on walking or talking a golf cart everywhere you go, that was the worst part but I would highly recommend it!

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:56 PM
lee

Stayed at the Fairmon Princess in July-
We had a great time, however, the resort is very kid friendly! This is a plus if you are traveling with kids, but if you are not it can be sort of noisy(around pool area). We rented a cabana at $100 per day- well we could'nt believe it but in the cabana right next to us there was a kids party going on. We were looking for rest and relaxation and probably picked the wrong hotel for this. On certain nights of the week they even have movies down at the pool. They hand out huge inner tubes and put up a huge movie screen- The kids can float around and watch the movie (Shrek was playing when we were there.)

Overall we had a nice time- The spa area is just beautiful (recently re-done), when we checked in they bumped us up to a better room- a casita- at no extra charge, and the spanish/mexican restaurant is wonderful.

Hope this info helps!!!!

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 01:40 PM
xxx

I take my kids to places like this during the summer because the rates are so low (we're locals). It's fun way to beat the summer heat. That's probably why there were so many kids. Sept. we're all back in school so you should have the same problem.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 03:42 PM
xxx

meant to say: should NOT have a problem with kids in Sept.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 08:49 PM
puckhead

PRincess is just down the road from the Alltel ice den where the nhl coyotes train; so you get get a bit of preseason ice time too!

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 10:53 PM
natco

Whenthe Princess was first built-just over 10years ago,it was a big deal but now the area is just a traffic jam with cheapie surrounding it.It has changed for the worse.My suggestion is go up Scottsdale Road another 10 miles and really relax in the desert at the Boulders.All individual casitas and great golf and restaurants!

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 03:14 AM
darren

well,thank you everyone for your replies..it certainly helped. We will be going there in December then...the reason i asked about there,is my wife works for Fairmont and they have great employee discounts...from what you people have told me..it looks like a great R and R bargain.Thanks for the tip on the coyotes training facility as well...take care ,happy travel

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 03:15 AM
darren

ooops..i meant to say in september...thanks again