Excelsior Hotel, New York

Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 02:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excelsior Hotel, New York

Going to NY in January and have got a rate on the Excelsior's website at $149 for a standard with Museum/Park View or $139 for a standard with North/City View. If you've stayed there is there much difference in these views? Are these rates good? What did you think of the hotel? Thanks.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 04:23 AM

Anyone? I'm also considering this hotel for a stay in December and would appreciate your comments.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Cassandra

We love this place and the rate is great for you. It's incredibly convenient to the subway, lots of nice restaurants within 10-15 min. walk radius (toward and on Amsterdam), quiet, and the breakfast room is lovely. Go happily.

Old Nov 28th, 2005, 10:48 AM

this hotel ( the excelsior) has the absolutely most useless and arrogant staff. if you don't mind being ignored or abused than if you find a good price, by all means, stay. the lucerne is in the same area and has nice staff. that would be a better choice in my opinion.
Old Nov 28th, 2005, 11:24 AM

Never stayed there but the Mus/park view will face the front of the hotel and the north/city view will face the back. I would double check the rate for your date on quikbook.com and make sure it's not better there.

I would be more concerned about the size of the room and maybe how high the floor(the higher the better imo). Try reading reviews on tripadvisor and see if anyone mentions a specific room or floor that sounds good to you.
Old Nov 28th, 2005, 11:53 AM

I agree with a visit to tripadvisor.com
tingraft has never posted before...
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 05:22 AM

The Excelsior is fantastic -- if you can, get the Museum/Park View. That's a good rate, and your room will likely be larger than my UWS apartment!

My sister and her family stayed in the hotel last year, as did two friends of mine, and they gave the hotel the highest reviews. I saw both of their rooms. They had had very recently been renovated, and the bathrooms were spotless, gorgeous, and large (by NYC standards). Everything was just lovely, and the view was to die for: Central Park to the east, and the AMNH (with the glowing blue Hayden Planetarium orb), the UWS, and Midtown Manhattan to the south.

I don't think you can go wrong! Good luck and enjoy your visit!