Search

Everest in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2000, 11:34 AM
Forest

Everest in Chicago

Is this restaurant worthy to spend so much money?

Old Jul 28th, 2000, 12:06 PM
amy

We went there a few weeks ago and did the prix fix menu and we thought it was worth it. Request a table near the window and the views are great. We have been to Charlie Trotters and Trio (2 other 5 star restaurants in Chicago Area) and enjoyed Everest the best. Definitely a special occasion restaurant and as one would expect the service is impeccable.

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 03:01 PM
julie

Everest is absolutely worth the cash--a big ditto to everything written in the post above. A table by the window makes your experience even more unbelievable--went there for my 30th birthday in May and felt like a princess!

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 11:03 AM
Mary

Make sure to check with the weatherman. When we were there a few years ago, we saw nothing but clouds, though it did finally clear as we were leaving. Just a thought!!

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 12:02 PM
Naysay

Food is exquisite, but they are snobs up there. You can ask for a window-side table, but if you don't look like VIPs when you arrive, they'll put you at the one window-table that is actually behind a post/column that is part of the architectural support for the building -- i.e., much obstructed view.