Estes Park breakfast

Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Estes Park breakfast

Pretty specific! Where's the best place in Estes to get breakfast with a view? (Not the Stanley, not baagels in the park!)
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

bagels
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:25 AM

The only place that comes to mind is the Trailhead Restaurant, which is on Fall River Road as you get pretty close to the park entrance. It sits on a ridge and has a nice view - even outdoor patio if the weather is warm. I had breakfast there a few years ago, although I wasn't feeling well and can't give an objective opinion on the food.

If a view isn't necessary, our favorite breakfast joint is the Big Horn Restaurant on Elkhorn Avenue, after you pass the shops going towards the park. Popular place on weekends, wait times can be a few minutes, but they move people in and out quickly and the food is worth the wait!
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! The Trailhead is new to me, hope it's opened weekdays (if not, Big HOrn sounds good).
Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:33 AM

We liked The Egg and I on E Elkhorn Ave, recommended by the place we stayed. Bright, clean place with great food. Probably not what you're looking for since it's on a main street, but seated by the front windows, we had a view of the mountains where it was snowing.