Reload this Page >

Essex Hotel - Please comment

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 1999, 12:10 PM
bp

I had to make a reservation at the Essex Hotel in Chicago in order to get tickets to the Bears vs. the Vikings. Did I make a poor decision, I read a couple of previous posts about how horrible this hotel is, has anyone had an acceptable experience here? Thanks

Old Oct 27th, 1999, 12:49 PM
anonymous

It's dreadful! (Can't use my real name, since I've done business with them in the past.) The only good thing about the Essex Inn is that it's close to Soldier's Field. Have you tried the Hotel Monaco? Recently refurbished. Sorry, but I don't have an address or phone number.

Old Oct 28th, 1999, 04:40 AM
bp

Could you please expand on dreadful? Are the rooms dirty, service is lacking what is it? I already bought the tixes so I am pretty much locked in for two nights

Thanks

Old Oct 29th, 1999, 05:34 AM
snonymous

It may not be a pig sty, but it's sort of grungy looking. I'm confused though--if you are locked in and can't get out of the booking, why did you wait until after the fact to ask????????

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 05:26 AM
kris

topping