Notices

Erie, PA, restaurant

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 12:33 PM
Kim

Erie, PA, restaurant

I'm looking for suggestions for one of Erie's better restaurants. I'm from the area, but haven't lived there for many years, so I'm not familiar with the restaurants any more.

I'm looking for some place nice to treat my parents. Price isn't an object, and the only cuisine they don't like is Mexican.

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 12:55 PM
Melanie

My parents still live near Erie, and they are always complaining about the lack of decent restaurants in the area. It seems that most of what exists are all-you-can-eat buffets and chain restaurants.

But I can remember them saying that Pufferbelly's is usually pretty good, and we're really fond of Ali Baba for Mid Eastern food. I'll see if I can get some other suggestions from them.

Good luck!

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 12:58 PM
Erieite

Erie is a blue collar town full of fast food and Fern Bar type places. TGIF is one of the best places in town!

The only place rated in the Mobil travel guide is a place called the pufferberry, something like that. Two star rated.

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 06:49 PM
michael

We live about sixty miles from Erie and I am always amazed when I ask people from there to tell me their favorite restaurants they always give me a list of chains and an apology. Anyway the Pufferbelly is pretty good and so is the Market Place Grill which is nearby. For a wonderful place though I would suggest that taking them to the Peak n Peek resort. It would be a quick drive as you would just take 90 to the Interstate 86 and get off at Findlay Lake. The food there has been wonderful on our visits and the Sunday Brunch which goes for about $20 a piece is as good as any brunch anywhere.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 09:59 AM
Kim

Thanks for the suggestions. I had forgotten about Pufferbelly's, even though I'd been there once before. And my parents make the hike up to Peek 'n Peak quite often.

FYI for those in the area: This is further afield, but there's a great restaurant in Hermitage, PA--it's in the Tara Inn. Wonderful food (and a great B&B, too).