Entertainment Card

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 06:21 PM
gwen

Entertainment Card

What is this magical thing of which you speak? Will it really save me money on rooms? And how do I get one?

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 07:14 PM
suzanne

Go to www.entertainment.com and you can see a sample of what each book offers, in each city. The restaurant deals are the best! I have found that by booking rooms on expedia and orbitz, I get the same as the entertainment rates.

These books are great. Get one for your home city and you can use the card in other cities by going to their web site and finding out which places accept it!

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 04:24 AM
Gail

I get the Entertainment Book every year and use it all the time for local restaurants. The problem with the website is they don't list ALL the hotel or restaurants that appear in the actual book. For instance , I know the Hard Rock Hotel and Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal are in the Entertainment Book, but they are not listed on the website.

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 06:48 AM
gwen

so i buy the book for chicago and then use it to get deals in chicago ... or i buy the book for hawaii? i was checking out the chi-town version and they didn't seem to have any restaurants i would ever go to ....

gwen (such a neophyte!)

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Cheryl Z.

Gwen, there's a separate book for each big city usually. Each book has deals for the local restaurants, sites, etc, but also the accompanying card allows for discounts and deals elsewhere. But often you have to have the actual book for that particular city to take advantage of specific restaurants etc. in that city. For example - living in Seattle, we buy that book yearly, and then when we go to Hawaii we get that year's book for the islands. Each one more than pays for itself if you travel alot, dine out frequently etc.

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 08:40 AM
gwen

Thanks! I got the Hawaii book but couldn't get my card number, so it's going to do me much good yet, as I really want to use it to get a good hotel rate. Patience, patience.