Reload this Page >

Entertainment book-best condo on Maui??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:22 AM
Chris

We are looking for a one bedroom condo on Maui. Has anyone stayed at either one of these resort - Aston Kaanapali Shores or Royal Lahaina Resort? I've read a few reviews that the Royal Lahaina is not a good choice. I have the Entertainment Book and was trying to pick the best one from the book. (Embassy is full) Please help!

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 12:45 PM
BobbiOh

Apples and oranges. The Royal Lahaina is not in the same class and I wouldn't recommend it unless you're going budget. It has a great beach, not so great hotel. Go for the Aston.

Good Luck,

Bobbi

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:01 PM
Michelle

what kind of accomdations are you looking for? Recently stayed at Lahaina Shores at the edge of lahaina towards Kihea...it's pretty low-key not high class service but everyone also leaves you alone unless you need something. There's a small beach - not like Kannipali - and a pool. All rooms have kitchens are are well priced in comparison. We loved it because we were near the action of Lahaina but could escape away without a car ride. Depends what you're looking for. You can check it out at www.classicresorts.com Feel free to e-mail me if you have other questions.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:09 PM
dejahma

Aloha;

I have also read bad things about the royal lahaina. Stayed at the K. Shores a couple of years ago. It is very nice, but not the best end of the beach. If you don't mind walking you can walk about 15 - 20 minutes to the royal lahaina beach and beyond, we do it all the time. We booked thru hawaii-hawaii.com this past Jan for a stay at the Mahana, two condos down from the K shores and found it several hundred dollars cheaper than with the entertainment book. You might want to give them a try. Also the Royal Lahaina is not a condo, it is a hotel.

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 09:53 AM
Chris

Thanks for your input. We booked a one bedroom/2 bath with kitchen (like a condo) at the Royal Lahaina...hopefully it is nicer than their regular rooms. I hope we are not making a mistake. Well, if it turns out to be a disappointment, we'll just check out and move to a nicer hotel! I've heard the RL beach is very nice(near black rock)and that is important to us.