Entertainment Book???

Old Sep 30th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Entertainment Book???

What and where is this Entertainment book I have read about on this site?
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 02:37 PM
roy

Go to entertainment.com and your questions will be answered. You buy the book and get discounts on restaurants in your area and a lot of other things. The restaurants are usually the ones that are having a difficult time getting customers but in many cases they are a good deal. You can normally only patronize a place once utilizing a discount.
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 02:57 PM

Someone once gave me one for our area -- Naples, Marco Island. I never used a single coupon. None of the places I like to go were in it. I tried to go to a few. Twice I got to places to find signs on the door saying they no longer accepted the Entertainment coupons. Twice, businesses I decided to try had already gone out of business. And once I actually ate dinner (horrible, by the way) and then they informed me that they didn't take the coupons any more either. There was no sign there.
They may be good some places, but I sure didn't think it was worth anything here.
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 04:05 PM

Using the Entertainment book card and coupons, you can usually get either a "buy one, get one free" meal or 50% off if you're dining alone.

Almost all the best restaurants in my town are in the Entertainment book, along with more casual restaurants, fast food places, movie coupons, coupons for haircuts, oil changes, florists, bookstores, etc. We always use enough coupons for things we would do anyway to cover the cost of the book.

Lee Ann
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 04:07 PM

I must agree with Patrick...we bought one for our area in New Jersey and was sorely disappointed. I would't waste my money ( although I think we bought it as a fund raiser for something or other).
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 04:07 PM

I live outside of Philadelphia and buy the Entertainment Book every year. The restaurants listed around here are certainly NOT the ones that have a difficult time getting customers. MANY of our favorite restaurants are listed and we've discovered quite a few great restaurants we weren't aware of before. There are also coupons for discounts on hotels, movies and museums, etc.
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 04:16 PM
MaureenB

Here in Denver, many of the schools sell the Entertainment Book as a fund-raiser. So we've bought our share of them over the years. We had no problem using the coupons, and ate at many nice restaurants we wouldn't have found otherwise. Also good ski coupons, etc.

Old Sep 30th, 2004, 04:56 PM
BAK

I'm in Toronto, where the Entertain Book includes a couple of coupons for 25 percent off at the Toronto Eddie Bauer's outlet. We buy the book just for those coupons.

$200 at Eddie Bauer's turns into $150, more than paying for the book on the first coupon, and saving even more with the second one.

We rarely use the restaurant coupons, but the ones for kids' entertainment save us lots of money, too. Plus, as someone mentioned, often the books are sold as a fund raiser for a good cause.

They work better for couples -- the two for one deals, etc., than for bachelors. It's sort of difficult to look cool on a date pulling out the coupon book.

BAK

Old Sep 30th, 2004, 05:00 PM

Always get a Entertainment book each year. I love it! Comes in handy for hotel discounts when on vacation, restaurants, car rentals etc... Never had a problem. In fact just ordered a 2005 book for a school fund raiser.
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 05:01 PM

Here in the Boston area, my parents (aged 79 and 84) use theirs all the time. They like lots of the restaurants that are included.
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 06:10 PM

Loads of GREAT deals in the DFW book!
Certainly NOT restaurants they are hurting for business!
I use the coupons for fast food, pizzas and donuts, too.
We have saved literally hundreds per year for the last 15 years with this book... I would be upset to go without it.
This year I bought 2 because we had summer guests and there were loads of fun coupons for kids.
For example, the local waterpark was 1/2 off for up to 4 people and this waterpark does not have coupons elsewhere so it was REALLY 1/2 off... not like the 6 Flags waterparks where they always have a promo going on.
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 07:36 PM

I think it's worth it for the 50% off dry cleaning coupons alone!
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 07:48 PM

We support the local high school all of my kids have attended and buy one each year. We already used a coupon for a very nice restaurant here in town and saved $20.00 on just that one dinner.

It's great for a large family. We also use the movie coupons that provide great discounts, since we go to the movies a couple of times a week. ***kim***
Old Oct 1st, 2004, 07:15 AM

We buy the Northern Virginia/ Washington DC book each year and usually end up purchasing another 1-2 before the year is out. The savings easily pay the book's $25 cost. This year the Safeway discounts alone are worth $20. Several restaurants we frequent are in the book with discounts ranging from $15-23. Some of the car rental coupons are also good.