Search

Empie State Building

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2008, 05:06 PM
WFT
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Empie State Building

Going with a group of 14 adults in Oct, I was wondering if a day vs. night vs Fri. vs. weekend visit would be advised, plus floor level. I have not been up since 1987 and see there is an additional price to go higher. Any thoughts?
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 05:18 PM

I would call and check on group rates since there are 14 of you.

From their website:

"Information on group rates can be obtained by faxing a request to the Group Sales Office at (212) 947-1360 or by visiting the Observatory ticket office on the 2nd floor of the building."
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 05:25 PM

Last Spring ('07) my sister, her best friend and I went to New York during Fleet Week. We got there Thursday afternoon and decided to go up the Empire State Building that night. It was clear out and you could see a lot, even in the darkness.

We decided not to go on the weekend because we figured the line would be horrendous. We were able to purchase tickets with little waiting. However, once we had them, we had to make our way through a maze (picture the most awsome ride at DisneyWorld) to get to the first elevator. This took over an hour and a half. Once there, you had the choice of waiting in another maze for the elevator ride the last dozen or so floors or you could walk. We walked.
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 05:45 PM

Top of the Rock has timed tickets so the lines are much more reasonable and you get a great view of the ESB
Old Oct 1st, 2008, 04:26 PM
WFT
Original Poster

Thanks! I love Top of the Rock. I've been up there several times in the past few years. I have not been to the top of the ESB in 22 yrs. I don't think my group could climb many steps. The group rate sounds good, though!