Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Monterey, CA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 1999, 11:15 AM
Jim Becker

I am planning on staying at the Embassy Suites in Monterey, California. I would appreciate any comments on t
hose who have stayed at the hotel before.

Thanks!

Old Jun 28th, 1999, 08:39 AM
cherie

Just back from Carmel wekend. Do you know that the ES is across the highway sitting near KMart not the Ocean? There is a Best Western right on the ocean side. Also is is out of town and you will have to pick up the highway for a few minutes only to get into M & C. Most people prefer to stay in Monterrey and walk everywhere or Carmel and walk around the town. If you have to drive into town be aware that you can only park for 90 minutes at a time in Carmel and you will have to move your car all the time. It isn't really bad...we did it this weekend...there was nothing doing in Carmel this week or it could be "iffy".. If there is a car show or a Pro Am , etc., parking is a zoo...but the good side is car-watching is better than any showroom or Exotic Car Magazine! Have a great time. Dont forget to go to the Aquarium!

Old Jun 28th, 1999, 08:48 AM
kam

Hi Jim, we usually go to Carmel as we have friends who have retired down there--lucky dogs! But, if you are looking for moderate room rates and convenient location, try the Otter Inn just 1 block up from the Cannery and an easy walk to the Aquarium as well as Fisherman's Wharf. Are you bringing kids? ES people usually do, that's why I ask. If so, bring their skateboards, rollerblades etc. or rent them bikes so they can use the bike path from the Aquarium to the Wharf. BONUS---the Otter Inn has underneath parking! That alone is worth it. Have fun.

Old Jul 7th, 1999, 05:40 AM
Jim Becker

Do you think that the Embassy Suites would be good to stay at or should I stay else with my family? Also have you seen inside the hotel before?

Thanks!

Old Jul 7th, 1999, 10:53 AM
kam

Jim, I don't know if you're asking if I've seen the inside of the ES or the Otter Inn, but if the Otter Inn, yes, we stayed there. It's fairly plain, but clean and comfortable. As stated above, the location is great as well as the parking.

Old Jul 7th, 1999, 10:58 AM
Jim Becker

I was wondering if you had seen inside the Embassy Suites, or if you have seen the outside of Embassy Suites and what you thought of it.

Thanks!

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 11:41 AM
ca

Saw the outside on ES and it was a "skyscraper" with a covered area to drop bags & handle the front desk, etc. and a giant parking lot. As I mentioned, it is in a rather dismal part of town unless yu like KMart, however, it DOES have rooms with ocean views just they are across a freeway if yur room faces that side. I have been in numerous ES hotels and find they are clean and make kids feel comfortable. They make good breakfasts and yu won't be hungry. If you don't mind getting into yur car and driving into Carmel or Pacific Grove or Downtown Monterrey to do your sightseeing, its ok. It would be ok for business. Its just that I prefer to stay somewhere where I can walk to something if not everything nearby. The only thing nearby is the ocean, across the freeway....You could probably find a way to walk there or maybe they'd shuttle you....? Hope this is of some help. Most of the available rooms in Mon./Car. area require a two night minimum so changing might not be easy. -Cherie

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 11:43 AM
ca

Jim-Sorry for the awful typing...I have long nails & I forgot to proof before posting!

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 06:04 PM
Jim Becker

Just wondering what you thought of their atrium and pool??

Thank you!