Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites at Buckhead, GA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 01:38 PM
JenGT

Has anyone stayed here before? Any info would be appreciated. Also heard about the murder at the nightclub in Buckhead. Is this a dangerous area?

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 03:35 PM
jean

I haven't stayed at the Embassy Suite sin Buckhead, but I've stayed at the ES at Perimeter Mall area many times, and have reservations for March. The ES at Perimeter has always given us much better rates, and I feel safer there. We usually drive down to Buckhead for a few hours during the day. I've stayed at Es all over the u.s. and love the suite.

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 07:55 PM
Brian

Not a 'dangerous area', especially for Atlanta.
Buckhead is one of the nicest parts of the Atlanta metro area, with the best shopping and hotels. But also with lots of clubs, bars and other entertainment sites. The murders took place in the early morning hours after the clubs closed and of course involved drunkenness and young males out looking for trouble. Most readers of this forum probably wouldn't have been in that area at that time. Then again, violence can and does occur at entirely unexpected times and places, too. As always, use caution and common sense when travelling to unfamiliar areas.

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 03:45 AM
Dean

I agree with Brian. Buckhead is in a wealthy part of Atlanta and has numerous hotels, stores and restaurants. It's well lit and usually teeming with people (and police) and is very safe. Don't let the recent negative publicity scare you. Just use your common sense and you will be fine.

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 07:20 PM
steve

The Buckhead Embassy Suites is pretty well located. There is a Marta(rapid rail) station very nearby and the 2 top shopping centers are within walking distance. The nightclub murder was about a mile away and did occur in the wee hours on Super Bowl weekend.
Unfortunately, Atlanta is not much a walking town and you will probably want to have a car to visit some of the other interesting areas of the city.

Old Feb 9th, 2000, 03:08 PM
Angie

Hello - How dumb can you be!
A murder can take place anywhere,
even in your teeny tiny town.
Do you have any real questions?

Old Feb 13th, 2000, 12:07 PM
jean

I agree that Buckhead is one of the nicest areas in Atlanta. And, a murder can happen in any town. However, you cannot fault JenGT for her query. If she is not familiar with a city, it makes sense to ask about a particular area. Looks are often deceiving. Two examples: 1. My parents stayed at the Swisshotel in Buckhead about 5 years ago, which was one of the finer hotels there at that time. After dark, they decided to walk across the street to Lenox Square. They were cautioned not to walk over to Lenox Square from their hotel after dark. 2. I flew into Miami on business two years ago and stayed at a hotel near the airport. ( I can't remenber the hotel's name, but it was recognized chain and decent). I asked the hotel desk clerk about walking in the area and was told that it was very dangerous to walk outside the hotel, even at 2:00 p.m. The area "seemed" safe to me, there was even a golf course across the boulevard. But, I didn't know that area so I relied on the hotel staff.

Old Feb 18th, 2000, 09:53 PM
Kathy

Yes, my husband and I spent four nights in ES in Buckhead while we were considering a move to the Atlanta area (price wasn't a consideration; my company picked up the tab). They have an underground parking garage at the hotel - if you have a car. It was a lovely place to stay and I agree with Brian's Buckhead comments. Not only is the nightlife great in the area, but the Atlanta History Center and the governor's mansion are close to the ES.