Embassy Suites, Anchorage

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm hoping to hear feedback on how quiet this hotel is. It would seem that it's probably not an especially quiet place to stay, but I'm hoping I'm mistaken, because it looks good in other respects. But the fact that it's a low-rise means that one would hear street noise, is that correct?
Thank you for responses.
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 08:25 PM

We're staying there July 4-12. I'd be happy to tell you about our experience, if you're not leaving before then. I saw great reviews on TripAdvisor and we've had good stays at other Embassy Suite locations. Breakfast is terrific and the rooms are very comfortable. Noise probably varies by location. When are you staying?
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. Out stay is in early August, so I'd be much obliged if you'd report back. This will be for a 2-night pre-cruise (Regent) stay. It'd be more convenient to stay downtown because that's where our transfer to Seward leaves from (Hilton), but none of those hotels has airport pickup and I suspect the beds at Embassy would be more comfortable and that the whole scene at Embassy might be more "relaxed."
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 07:16 AM

The Embassy Suites is well-built and quiet, but I don't recommend it for visitors without a car. Almost everything you'll want to see is downtown, and you're miles away in the middle of a bunch of shopping malls and homes. Some downtown hotels do have airport shuttles, but in any case taking a cab would be a good investment.

Murray
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Murray. Embassy Suites supposedly has complimentary transportation to anywhere within 3 (or 6?) miles, including downtown. I think the main thing we'll be interested in doing-- IF the weather is ok-- is biking on that trail (can't remember its name, but I've got it marked).
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 01:13 PM

The Tony Knowles Coastal Trail offers great biking - have fun!