Reload this Page >

Eliot Hotel or Fairmont Copley Plaza?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 11:37 AM
Trish

We will visiting Boston this Sept. and need to make a choice of hotels. We are usually very loyal to Fairmont with our domestic travels here in Canada. Hoever from reading some of the previous posts I am a little concerned about staying there. Any suggestions would be helpful in making our decision. We will be staying in Boston for five days.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 01:30 PM
Parrot Mom

Don't know much about the Eliot anymore, but the Fairmount Copley is a lovely old hotel..Just a week ago we were in Copley Square and being a local I had forgotten how glorious Copley Square is now..benches with canopies for sitting and reading, people lying on the lawn, little gardens, a water fall, huge oversized bronze animals for children to climb, a lovely garden dedicated to Kahil Gibran who was born a few streets away and to top it all off a local radio station setting up for a concert..On one side of the park is the Trinity Church, the other side the Fairmount, the Boston Public Library, the Bostick (theatre tickets) booth on one corner, the John Hancock Building with reflecting glass and on the other side chic shops..and with the beautiful weather it doesn't get better than that in Boston...September should be wonderful

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 04:42 AM
Jen

If location makes a difference, the Fairmont is more central to everything. The Eliot is a little off the beaten path, in a residential area. PS - I've not stayed at either, but live in Boston.

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 05:55 AM
ann

Trish, if price is not an issue, check the Eliot Hotel's website. As I'm a local as well, I have not seen the rooms at either hotel, but I do recall the Eliot is mainly a suite hotel, and the website makes it look fantastic. Probably also pricier than the Fairmont Copley Plaza. Yes, the FCP is in a slightly more central location, but the Eliot is just around the corner from Newbury St. Etc. The Eliot is a much smaller venue (I think they said less than 100 rooms). See:
http://www.bostbest.com/Eliot/index.html
Either place would be very nice. Have a great visit.

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 10:17 AM
Trish

Thank you for the replies. We have decided to give The Eliot a whirl. I don't think we'll be disapointed. After all we are going to Boston! I will let you know what the Eliot was like.

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 10:27 AM
Parrot Mom

Just received my Expedia magazine with an article on upscale Boston and the Eliot is shown..it certainly is gorgeous and not that far from Copley...370 Commonweath Avenue..
www.eliothotel.com Welcome to Boston...