Search

election2000

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 12:17 PM
ron

election2000

isnt it strange how the democrats brought in bus loads of migrants and uneducated individuals to vote for gore and in the process could not give them the proper instructions on who to vote for or where to mark the ballot.oh what cheap whiskey will not get you.

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 12:47 PM
xxx

Give it a rest.

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 01:11 PM
nostradamus

Come the millennium, month twelve,
In the home of greatest power,
The village idiot will come forth
To be acclaimed the leader.

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 02:17 PM
Bob

Ron, you're showing what a true loser you are. I agree with xxx...give it a rest.

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 02:24 PM
xxx

Rush, er, Ron,

Please give it a rest and get some exercise. Oh, by the way, I found it kind of amusing that you refer to "migrants and uneducated" people, but your own post is oozing with errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 05:07 PM
xxx

Are all of you SORE LOSERMAN!!!!!!!!!!
Except Ron of course.

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 05:10 PM
Patriot

The dirtiest U.S. election in more than a century—and one of the dirtiest elections anywhere in the world in recent times—elicited nary a public peep from the American people.
The world sits not so much in admiration that tanks are not rolling down Main Street—as the self-important American media tells its captive audience—as it sits in disbelief at the submissive national mood.

A man the people did not elect was appointed President by five black-robed politicians and a state government machinery controlled by the man's own brother, but the people do not take to the streets. Only in America.

Within seconds of George W. Bush's judicial installation, network anchors were hectoring people to accept the outcome, however abhorrent—a shockingly inappropriate, politicized, and unsolicited piece of advice.

However, the bipartisan media brainwashing would not have worked if it had not found a fertile ground in the nation's admirable respect for the rule of law and democratic institutions, and the importance it attaches to stability.

The installation of Bush in the White House by politicized judicial fiat and state government intervention is a fatally dangerous blow to the very democratic institutions the nation is being called on to protect with obedient silence. Silence is consent. And by consenting to an illegitimate Presidency, one that is not the product of a democratic election, Americans, bent on keeping peace today at any cost, may be sending instead a message of impunity to an increasingly corrupt political class: in other words, they can do as they please.

With no opposition to keep the issue alive, the nation will forget and Bush will legitimize himself just by virtue of living in the White House, possession being nine-tenths of the law. The process has already begun.

I used to sleep soundly every night knowing that the famously resilient American society and political system would be there next morning when I woke up. Not anymore.

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 06:30 PM
yo!

to xxx@aol Bud,

The international press has already confirmed that unofficially, Gore won Florida.

We morons have all been had.

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 09:33 PM
annK

To Nostradamus, is that a real quatrain? I would be very interested in finding info on that one, if it is real, if not it still works for me, lol.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 04:35 AM
Anne

No, it's an internet hoax. Nostradamus was never that specific. Even the liberal media concedes this one......

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 05:01 AM
Kristy

How can you call yourself a patriot when you so obviously know so little about the laws of this country? Please give it a rest until you can actually say something that has a grain of truth to it and can stand up to the US constitution. After all, being a true patriot means that you believe in our constitution, the fundamental basis of our country and the strength of our REPUBLIC.

Kristy

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 06:26 AM
april

Wait a minute. When did Fodor's become a political web site. I want info on travel out of this insane country.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 10:17 AM
Pinth

I got one for you libs to get all steamed up about. You fellas are trying to import 3rd World voters. One way is easy registration. In many states, like Florida, one can register when renewing your driver's license. My Canadian uncle renewed his license this year and was asked to apply for the right to vote. He applied and was put on the voter rolls. He voted on election day at about 8AM in Pinellas County. And he voted for GEORGE W. BUSH because, in his very words, "I hate liberal pukes."

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 10:35 AM
ilisa

Since when is Canada is third world?

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 11:55 AM
George

You people who keep posting this political crap on a TRAVEL FORUM no less, must have pathetic lives. I seriously doubt if anyone here really cares about your ramblings or if you can change anyones mind.

If you want to debate or sound-off, go to a debate board or a chat room that will appreciate your comments and banter. Let's leave this forum for people who are looking for travel advice.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 07:08 PM
LaHayey

annK:
It works for me, too. Although reputed to be a hoax, I have not seen proof that it's a hoax.

There's another one in circulation about two chosen leaders, one who's power slips away. Does anyone know that one?

But the one I think is really quaint is the far-right refrain:" Pray for our leaders (no matter how they got their power)".

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 07:41 PM
Bob

Please don't get started on Nostradamus. There's a hack that was highly unsuccessful until long after his death. If you've actually ever read any of the quatrains you will 99% of the time not find the things that are often attributed to him. Or if it's actually there it's so far out of context it's laughable! If you believe any of the mumbo jumbo by Nostradamus you probably believed Carson as Carnack the Magnificant or that Al Gore really did invent the internet.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 10:12 PM
There You Go Again!

Sorry, I can't let this one go by.

The misquote about Gore and the internet is PURE REPUBLICAN SPIN, and has been precisely that from the very beginning.

And y'all seem to LOVE to continue to perpetuate a falsehood. Well, it's your own karma. Shame on you.

The actual Gore statement is closer to: "I put in place the FUNDING that made the internet POSSIBLE." Even Bill Gates will attest to that.

History has been written by CJ Rhenquist and his four partisan cohorts. CJ might perhaps have held a slight grudge against Boise/Gore. CJ's son represented Microsoft in the anti-trust litigation before the Supreme Court. So if you are happy to have your truth laundered, you'll he a happy camper during a Bush administration.

Have all Republicans forgotten that "THOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS"? Or do you just love to say Sore Loserman, when clear evidence already shows that Gore carried Florida, in the midst of incredible voting irregularities?

Or are you just content to pray for your leaders, no matter how they gained their power...(oh that embarrasing little matter of collusion, conspiracy and obstruction of justice).

Oh yes, we are all so tolerant in America.

If the truth could prevail, the truth might eventually set you free:

IT's not all about MONEY (MAMMON to you)!

Old Dec 30th, 2000, 05:33 PM
Hugo

The election has been a calamity without precedent. Its result is unacceptable, will not be accepted by large numbers of Americans. What they see before them is the brute fact of several thousand uncounted votes that would have made a difference. Democracy, quite simply, was poisoned to put George W Bush in the White House.
One institution is damaged worse than any other. The circumstances of Bush's election may make him weak for four years, but they will corrupt the reputation of the US supreme court, which presided over their working-out, far beyond that. At the moment when the country needed the timeless, almost sacred qualities the court alone has habitually supplied, these were withheld at best by perverted legalism, at worst by a partisanship that was as righteous as it was, of course, unadmitted. Taking the case in the first place was a political act, transgressing the court's historic restraints against interfering in state elections. It came peculiarly from a rightwing court, whose thrust under Chief Justice Rehnquist has been in favour of states' rights on all matters. Such a deviation from their norm showed that politics had well and truly triumphed over intellect.

Old Dec 31st, 2000, 02:50 AM
cedar

Patriot
I couldn't have said it better. I agree 100% with you. The politicians count on the 2 week (weak?) memories of the American public.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -