Reload this Page >

3 Scottsdale hotels - which to choose

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 1997, 05:08 PM
janet

We're going to Arizona at the end of September and want to splurge on a night's stay at one of the Scottsdale resorts. Have narrowed it down to Marriott's Camelback Inn, The Phoenician or the Scottsdale Princess. Can't decide - they all sound wonderful. Would appreciate suggestions fom anyone who has stayed at any or all of them. Thanks!

Old Aug 25th, 1997, 06:43 PM
L. Montgomery

I have only stayed at the Phoenician, it was truly Deluxe. Stayed in the Canyon Suites which I would recommend very highly. Everything about the Hotel is beautiful.

I would recommend making reservations very soon wherever you choose, late September is the beginning of their busy season in the west.

Old Aug 26th, 1997, 05:15 AM
Steve Marshall

A stay at the Scottsdale Princess Resort is expensive but great. Also moderately priced is the La Posada Red Lion in Paradise Valley. Has spa, water slides, huge pools, massage therapist. Also a great place to stay

Old Aug 27th, 1997, 09:28 AM
Sheri S.

I stayed at the Princess last October. I've stayed at many nice hotels & resorts (for work, mind you); the Princess was the most luxurious, by far; it bordered on sickening. Chocolate and Bailey's delivered to my door the first night; a lovely fireplace (which I couldn't use because it was 90); a gorgeous bathroom; the list goes on.... I stayed in a "casita" on the edge of the resort which was great. And I hear the Phoenician is just as fabulous, maybe even more so. You can't go wrong with either one.

Old Sep 4th, 1997, 05:54 PM
Vanessa

I've also stayed at the Princess several times -- it is absolutely wonderful! I've brunched at the Marriott. It seemed very nice, but not quite as decadent as the Princess. I've also heard good things about the Phoenician; actually, you probably can't go wrong with any of those three. Anyway, enjoy your stay! (And if you do go for the Princess and don't mind spending a few extra bucks, stay in one of the casitas -- they have a HUUUGGGE bathroom, soaking tub, fireplace, private pool (for the casita section) and are just lovely.)

Old Sep 28th, 1997, 03:49 PM
M. Heist

I would highly recommend The Phoenician. We made reservations there to celebrate a birthday & when we arrived they had upgraded us from the lowest level type of room to a "Villa Suite." It made turning "41" so much easier...