Search

eating in Santa Fe

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2001, 07:13 PM
bcool

eating in Santa Fe

We four women are leaving husbands and kids and spending mid June weekend in Santa Fe. Would like suggestions on good foood. Not necessarily classly but certainly memorable. Where do the locals eat?! bcool

Old May 24th, 2001, 07:42 PM
Jane

Santa Cafe!!!!
Eat outdoors under the stars.
Outstanding food and ambience.

Old May 24th, 2001, 08:14 PM
Sal

We like The Shed, Blue Corn Cafe, Pink Adobe (on a good day), Julian's (wonderful Italian in a quaint old home downtown) Geronimo (Canyon Rd.). Coyote Cafe is very good, a little more "cookie cutter" then the others. The Shed is popular with the locals. You didn't ask, but four ladies might enjoy the flea market below the OPera. You'll find much of the same merchandise as you will downtown, but for a lot less. Have fun!

Old May 25th, 2001, 03:54 AM
cindy

There's a wonderful, small restaurant not far from the Plaza, called Julian's. I'd make the trip back to Santa Fe just to go there! Once I asked for a recipe (generally not a well-received request) and the owner/chef came to the table, asked how many people I'd be making it for, and gave me a computer print-out with the recipe on it and his card, in case anything went wrong. The food is out of this world and the people are super-nice, but it's a small place and tends to get crowded quickly. Enjoy.

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:28 AM
texasgirl

For moderate/inexpensive, I like Pasqual's and also the Atomic Cafe next door (which is open very late); at Coyote Cafe I prefer the rooftop area at lunch, as it has a fun atmosphere and good food but not the high prices. Locals turned me on to the green chile cheeseburgers at Bert's Burger Bowl and at Bobcat Bite (not sure on that name), and to the Mexican-style seafood at La Playa Mariscos, all of which were great. Locals also like Gabriel's up by the opera; get the tableside guacamole. And my best meal last trip was at a little restaurant called Tulips; the chefs were at geronimo a few years back.

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:28 AM
paul

I was not excited about eating Indian food in Santa Fe when my wife suggested it but we read some reviews on the restaurant that were glowing (it has won numerous awards). India Palace turned out to be the best Indian food we had ever eaten and a dining experience you should not miss. Dress is casual and prices are reasonable. Its adjacent to the municipal parking lot near the Plaza.

Old May 25th, 2001, 07:26 AM
x

Four women without husbands or kids? That definitely calls for the Cowgirl Hall of Fame, a fun, delicious tex-mex restaurant. Ask for outdoor seating.

Old May 25th, 2001, 10:08 AM
Howard

Another strong vote for eating outdoors at Santacafe.

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:32 PM
G. Kremer

The Guadalupe Cafe - excellent, & very reasonably priced. A short walk near the state capitol.