Eastern Shore Itinerary

Mar 9th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Original Poster

Eastern Shore Itinerary

We will be visiting the Eastern Shore March 21 - March 24th (Friday through Monday, Easter Weekend).

We are staying at the Bishop's House in Easton.

Part of this trip, other than just to get away to what looks like a great place is to scope out the area for possible retirement in 3 yrs or so. We realize alot can change between now and then, but want to know if it's a consideration.

Our itinerary is as follows:

Friday:
We arrive at Dulles at 11am. I'm guessing we will be in Easton @ 1pm. Our plan is to have lunch at Masons and then head to the Inn to check in. After check-in, we plan to have a drink (any suggestions) and maybe a dessert or appetizer, and then turn in early.

Saturday:
We plan to leave right after breakfast and head up to Chestertown. Is Centreville worth stopping in on the way? It looks cute.
After touring Centerville, we plan lunch at the Blue Heron Cafe.
Then on to Rock Hall, where we will find a place for a drink, and then back to Easton.

Sunday (Easter)
After breakfast we plan to head to St. Michaels, and after poking around (will the shops be open?), eat at Purser's Pub at the Inn at Perry Cabin.

Then on to Oxford and back to Easton to pack and then dinner at Scossa's.

Monday:
We depart after breakfast and plan to drive to Annapolis and have an early lunch at Carroll's Creek.

Then on to the airport where we have a 4pm flight.

We are making dinner reservations for Sat night for Scossas. Do we need to make reservations for our lunch choices?

My husband sort of wants to wing it for dinner. He thinks if we have late lunches, we might not want a full dinner and can find something somewhere if we get really hungry. Is this true? We're pretty casual people.

Saturday, should we see Rock Hall first, or is it easier to do Chestertown and then Rock Hall?

I'm thinking we should also make reservations for Sunday at Purser's Pub considering it will be Easter?

Any place or thing we have missed? I've been to Annapolis, and given our timeframe, and that we don't plan on living there, we don't intend to spend time touring there -just lunch on our way out.

Any favorite shops of you all? We love independent bookstore, pet stores (toys for pets) and cookware/tableware.

Thanks to all who helped us put this together!!

Mar 10th, 2008, 12:49 PM

Your trip sounds like it is shaping up nicely. Centreville is tiny, although there is a good coffee shop on the main street as you head to Chestertown. Personally, I'd skip it and go to Play it Again Sam's in Chestertown, but if you stop it won't take long to poke about.

I'd do Chestertown on Saturday before Rock Hall. There is a very nice garden store, Kingstown Garden, with a big pet supply selection (from small pets to horses) to the left just before the Chester River bridge. In Chestertown the Compleat Bookseller is downtown around the corner from Sam's, if you've not stopped in Centreville.

If your flight arrives at 11:00 I'd guess you'll not be in Easton by 1:00.
Mar 10th, 2008, 02:09 PM

I would say you won't be in Easton before 2:00 because of time getting out of airport picking up rental car, etc.

Skip Centreville and go right to Chestertown. Check out downtown, have lunch, drive around and then go to Rock Hall.

I would definitely make a reservation for Easter Sunday.
Mar 10th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Original Poster

Do we need reservations for any of our lunch places?
Mar 11th, 2008, 05:56 AM

I think the late lunch on Friday you would be ok at Mason's without. The Blue Heron yes. I don't know anything about Pusser's but since it is Easter I think it would be a good idea. Annapolis, no. You'll be early so you will be fine.