Reload this Page >

Easter lunch in Midtown NY

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 06:42 AM
tj

Can someone recommend a place for Easter lunch in Midtown NY (near St. Pats) that is reasonable but nice for a family.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 07:12 AM
easter

You are sooooooo too late to do this!
Better get out a Zagats and just start calling, anything worthwhile is booked already.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 07:59 AM
tj

Yes, I know, that's why I came to experts! I have a Zagats, any suggestions?

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:11 AM
xxx

tj experts? you don't even know who you are talking to. While the previous poster might be rude it is true it's late. Are you going to the Easter bonnet parade? Don't know details citysearch might have it.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Frank

tj: If you are looking for something special, most likely it's late. On the other hand if you are looking for a pleasant place at a reasonable price, checkout the Metropolitan Cafe on First Avenue around 52nd Street. Great neighborhood place with reasonable prices and good lunch/brunch selections. If you would like to see the menu, it's a member of the Ark Restaurant Group and can be found at arkrestaurants.com. Enjoy.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 11:03 AM
easter

I was not rude.I was just stating a fact.I did offer some help.Zagats has lists that tj can phone.It is so last minute and what is affordable is not likely available.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Foodiesanonymous

Burger Heaven agian!!!!!

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 09:51 AM
tj

Trip Report:

Thanks xx, ln and Frank!
Yes I was late, Yes we were planning to go to the Easter Parade.

IMHO maybe I should never have asked since it was so late, but I appreciate your thoughtful insights. We ended up eating at home.

But I did like the suggestion for Met Cafe on 52nd and 1st and will look for that in the near future. Burger Heaven is also a good consideration, been there, might go back.

TJ

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Frank

tj: If you go to the Metropolitan Cafe on a nice day, ask to sit out in the garden. It's one of those well kept secrets in Manhattan. Just between you and me.