Early Spring Garden Tours

Old Dec 18th, 2019, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Early Spring Garden Tours

We are thinking of taking a road trip from Memphis to New Orleans at the end of March or early April. Planning to stop in Vicksburg, Corinth and Oxford. Are there any gardens or garden tours that you can recommend we visit. We have been to several outside of New Orleans already.

We would also be interested in any historic hotels or B&B's that you can recommend to stay along the way.
Old Dec 18th, 2019, 12:42 PM

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts
A garden lover myself, I've just discovered this website with links to gardens open to the public in every state. I haven't visited any of these in MS but with a bit of work you can plot them on a map to see which are possibilities & the websites can help make the final cut. Also, Trip Advisor may have reviews.

https://www.ilovegardens.com/Mississippi%20Gardens.htm
Old Dec 18th, 2019, 01:20 PM

Received 22 Likes on 2 Posts
Savannah has a wonderful garden tour at the end of March when the azaleas are in bloom. I think Charleston does as well. But both are further east than you listed.
Old Dec 18th, 2019, 02:08 PM

We were in Natchez, MS one night in late March and saw a number of garden tours setting out, from small groups in SUVs and small vans to larger buses. I believe Natchez is close to Vicksburg.
Old Dec 19th, 2019, 12:16 AM

The 2020 schedule for the Garden Conservancy isn't out yet but I would watch for that since it is usually private gardens that are open to the public for just one or two days during the year. I have been to several in the New England area.