Search

Dude Ranch

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 1998, 10:18 AM
Susan

Dude Ranch

Does anyone know of a topnotch dude ranch to take a 10 year old girl for a family vacation?

Old Mar 20th, 1998, 04:46 AM
Erich Pokorny

Susan:

A good place to start your search for a dude ranch vacation is Gene Kilgore's web page (www.ranchweb.com). There are a few other web pages out there (including one by the Dude Ranchers Association) which include very detailed information on ranch vacations (these web pages allow you to search for guest ranches around the country and in Canada based on different criteria, e.g., family ranches, working ranches, cattle drives, etc.). Please feel free to E-mail me for any other assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you in any way I can. And have a great time no matter where you go!

Old Mar 20th, 1998, 08:33 AM
Emily Connolly

Hi Susan,
The Tanque Verde Ranch in Tucson is absolutely beautiful and a first class accomodation. I have never seen so many horses in one place, when we first drove up to the ranch I couldn't believe my eyes. There are trails for riding and hiking and for bird - watching. There are riding lessons for beginners and for advanced. The grounds are planted with native cacti and guest cottages are scattered over a large area. There's a swimming pool , but I not sure that I remember a whirlpool. The food is great!
I can't wait til my grandkids are old enogh to take here!!

Old Mar 21st, 1998, 04:13 AM
Anne Beer

The C Lazy U in Granby, CO (west of Denver) is the cream of the crop of dude ranches. It has been listed as a Mobil 5-star resort. The food is outstanding, the riding program is great, and the place is managed beautifully. A very friendly place!

Old Mar 21st, 1998, 04:59 AM
bob clifford

hi there
we live in england and wanted, as you do, a family holiday on a friendly, family run ranch. we found the mayan dude ranch in bandera just outside of san
antonio texas. it was great....friendly people who
ran the place, no airs an' graces, good riding especially for us city folks and our girls (aged
10 and 13) had such a great time we're back there again this year.
pros - lots to do, good food, family run,in texas
cons - hot in the summer, in texas!

a lot of people from NY and LA thought we were crazy
goin to texas for a vacation - but it was one of the most friendly and safe-feeling places I've been to in the states. though I do understand that it is a bit of a way for some - though we flew 14 hours to get there!

hope you have a good vacation and be prepared for a sore butt!

any more info on mayan ranch - just e mail