Reload this Page >

DRIVING NY to Boston/highways???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 1998, 12:33 PM
Midori

Would someone please e-mail me what the most scenic highway(s) to take from NY City to Boston would be?

Right now, they've got me going on 95 and that is not scenic and have been told it is heavily traveled. Thank you.

Old Aug 1st, 1998, 07:36 PM
Mike

You could do either 95 or 90 which is the Mass Pike. Their really is nothing too scenic between NYC and BOS. All in all it should take you about 4 to 4 1/2 hours to complete the drive. And yes 95 and 90 are HEAVILY traveled. Now that I think of it 95 doesnt run west-east, thats only north-south. Sure your not thinking 90? Good luck and happy traveling

Old Aug 1st, 1998, 08:02 PM
Mark

The only real choice you have for getting between NYC and Boston is 90 (the Pike). There isn't really much to see either - you'll go through Hartford CT, but it's just another small city. If you have time, drop by Newport RI which is beautiful. There are great beaches and mansions. Boston is alsoa fun town. Much cleaner than NYC.

Old Aug 2nd, 1998, 04:30 AM
Donna

For the most scenic routes, get yourself a map (such as AAA) of New England which has the most scenic routes annotated on it.

Old Aug 6th, 1998, 05:26 AM
Audrey

Here's what I would do: take the West Side Highway out of NYC to the Henry Hudson to the Sawmill Parkway to Rt. 684 to Rt. 84. Try to plan your trip to avoid rush hour in Hartford (4 PM to 7 PM). In Hartford, continue on 84 to the Mass Pike to Boston if you must go there first, OR, continue up Rt. 91 North to Vermont.

From Boston, I would take Rt. 93 north out of the city, then Rt. 128/95 north to see Rockport, Gloucester, etc., OR Rt. 95 North to Portsmouth, NH, and on to the coast of Maine or the White Mountains of New Hampshire.

This is all very simplistic, and you need to do some research (see the Yankee magazine website at www.newengland.com), but you'll be here at a great time of year!