Reload this Page >

driving from san jose to napa

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2001, 10:58 AM
missy

My husband and I are spending three nights in Napa (coming from San Diego) and we wondered if it is worth it to drive from San Jose or should we fly into S.F and drive to Napa?

Old May 21st, 2001, 11:02 AM
Mike

The drive from SJ to SF is only about an hour neglecting traffic problems. If there's no expense to switch from SJ to SF then go for it.

Old May 21st, 2001, 11:38 AM
Suzie

Have you considered flying from San Diego to Oakland and driving to Napa from there? You wouldn't have to drive across the bay to get to Napa then.

Old May 21st, 2001, 11:47 AM
Woody

If the cost of your ticket is that much better to San Jose then I wouldn't worry about flying into San Francisco. You're only adding on an additional 30 minutes depending on traffic. If you come in the afternoon it would be a bit longer than that. Oakland would be your best bet and costs are usually comparable to SJ depending on the airline.

Old May 21st, 2001, 02:21 PM
kam

Fly SWA from San Diego to Oaklend. Easy drive to Napa from there. SFO has the worst on time record anywhere.