Reload this Page >

dress code for clubs and dinner at Sobe

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 02:53 PM
lauren

What is the recommended dress code at clubs and dinner on Sobe? Some of the places I learnt from the website are Clevelander and News Cafe.

Any other recommendations for night clubs or having dinner?

I will be staying at the Avalon Majestic and prefer something walkable?

Thanks
Lauren

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 03:08 PM
where

Ohio?

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 03:31 PM
jhm

Sobe = South Beach, Miami.

News Cafe is more of a brunch place, where you can sit and watch the world go by (as well as some examples of surgical augmentation) than a dinner spot. The Clevelander always seems to be more loud than cool.

Tantra is a very sexy (as the name would convey) restaurant; other dinner picks would include Joia, Wish, Pacific Time and Yuca. Clubs: try Liquid, Bash, or do a search on Miami city search, which you might find helpful.

The dress is trendy as possible (and often as tight as possible).

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 03:50 PM
where

Ha~ thank you, I saw Clevelander and thought of Cleveland..Ohio...guess I won't be winning any geography contests!

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 11:08 AM
Sharon

Try Mark's, China Grill, Nemo, Nobu, Blue Door, or Sushi Samba for dinner. These restaurants are all fabulous!
The dress code in restaurants and clubs is definitely trendy and less is more(skimpy). There are so many shops to buy great evening wear.

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 12:00 PM
Brian in Atlanta

I like China Grill, but wouldn't recommend it for a couple (portions are meant for sharing, so you can only try one thing without wasting food). The Blue Door is fabulous, but tres expensive ($35+ entrees).

We really like Osteria del Teatro at 1443 Washington. Cool place, good Italian. Reserve a table by the window.