Reload this Page >

Romantic trip to Maine...Vermont - Advice on Inns

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2000, 02:36 PM
Anna

We are planning a romantic getaway for a week in mid October. Any suggestions on Inns and scenic routes would be great. Also local events and attractions in mid-October.
Thanks,
Anna

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 08:53 AM
Sandra

Anna,

If you want to be really pampered, I can recommend the Maple Leaf Inn in Brandon, Vermont, its 9 miles north of Woodstock. Janet and her husband were just the greatest inn keepers in a lovely new victorian style inn, with wrap around porch, large rooms, nicely decorated, with fireplaces and some with jacuccusi's. Spent two days in Sept. and long to go back.

Sandra

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 08:56 AM
betsy

Just a correction to the above post. The Maple Leaf Inn is in Barnard (not Brandon). The Woodstock area is lovely.

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 12:17 PM
Scott

Highly recommend you take in Acadia. The Stonethrow Cottage at Bar Harbor cannot be beat. The Wyatt House in North Conway, NH is also very nice.

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 01:44 PM
lisa

I highly recommend the towns of Camden, Maine and Bar Harbor. Both are absolutely delightful with lots of wonderful restaurants, accommodations, and things to do. Check out www.visit-maine.com.

In addition, I love the Lawnmeer Inn just outside of Boothbay Harbor, Maine -- it has a secluded location right on the water, with a wonderful dining room and excellent food. www.lawnmeerinn.com

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 04:18 PM
Noach

Be sure to listen to the late Betty Carter's rendition of 'Moonlight in Vermont'

Old Jul 18th, 2000, 05:11 PM
Larry

If you are in central Vt I strongly recommend The Pitcher Inn. It is in Warren and it one of the most wonderful places my wife and I have stayed in many years and many "Inns".

Old Jul 19th, 2000, 04:14 AM
dawn

if you want romance stay at the Rabbit Hill Inn which is located in Lower Waterford VT (www.rabbithillinn.com I think) We finally made it there after wanting to go for a few years and even though it rained (poured!) everyday we couldn't have been happier. Check out their website to see for yourself.