Old May 29th, 2000, 07:09 AM
alex

disneyworld water parks

Which of the Disney water parks would be
best for a 14-year old and a 7-year old, both
girls?

Old May 29th, 2000, 07:23 AM
Greg

Typhoon Lagoon has more shade and trees...and kids love the lagoon with the wave machine...it also has some water slides. I would choose Typhoon Lagoon for the 7 and 14 year old. Blizzard Beach with more waterslides might be a good choice for older kids.

Old May 29th, 2000, 08:27 AM
Melinda

I politely disagree with the above post on the water slides. I had my 5 year old and and 8 year old with me at Blizzard Beach and my 64 year old Mom and we did all but the two very tall slides because of height restrictions with the kids. There is a family tube ride that is so much fun for everyone. Typhoon is a great park too (with more shade)but I really enjoy Blizzard better. In any case have those rubber beach shoes and take as little valuables in the park as possible. Line for lockers can be long. Get there early to get one.

Old May 29th, 2000, 06:51 PM
Cindy

Both are great, so you can't make a mistake. I personally preferred Blizzard Beach just a little tiny bit better. Our family thought the slides were better. So basically, if you want great slides, go for Blizzard Beach. If you want a serious wave pool, you'll like Typhoon Lagoon.

Old May 30th, 2000, 05:01 AM
Penny

Well, I can't really qualify as an expert, as I've been only to Typhoon Lagoon. We love it, and went back a second time on the same trip.

We're longtime Disney visitors, and had never been to one of the water parks, but we did a lot of research. We loved the wave pool and the tubing. The slides were fun, but some looked too intense. Also, the lines were LONG! Don't know if you're going at a busy time, but bear line-waiting in mind if you plan to go to a water park that's heavy on slides.

Old May 30th, 2000, 01:15 PM
tom

can't go wrong with either one; although as previous poster noted, since Typhoon has fewer slides the lines will be longer.

Something that may tip the scales: Typhoon has a really cool "shark reef" attraction, where visitors don mask & snorkle (Disney supplied), and you can swim thru a small salt water lagoon teeming with tropical fish and small sharks (non agressive!).

The swim thru is only about 5 minutes, depending on time of day the waiting line may from a few minutes to 30 minutes.

Non-snorkling viewers can walk into the hull of an overturned "submarine wreck" in the lagoon, and peer out thru the sub's submerged view ports into the lagoon. In typical Disney attention to detail, all the signage & controls inside the overturned "submarine" are upside down!