Reload this Page >

Disney's Vacation Club

Search

Disney's Vacation Club

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 08:30 AM
Anna

Disney's Vacation Club

Has anyone joined the Disney's Vacation Club? Feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 04:10 PM
Laurie

My husband and I joined DVC 2 years ago and it's been the best money we ever spent. It's different in the fact that instead of having a set week, you have points you then use to "cash in" for accomodations. We've also used our points outside of the Boardwalk Resort on Disney property to go on a cruise and go to Hawaii. For more info try this website: www.disneyfan.com and go to the DVC discussion for an entire board on the subject. Or email, I love to talk DVC!!!! It's worth it if you plan to travel at least every other year, it's not a timeshare to consider as an investment.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 04:15 AM
ilisa

If you love Disney and plan on making repeat trips there, then do it. My husband and I so regret not buying into it when we first heard about it. It would have paid for itself several times over by now. Now, we can't afford to buy into it. On www.wdwinfo.com, there are message boards on DVC. Also, you should order the DVC video from the website.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 04:47 AM
Johnlw

Can you please tell me a little about it? Thanks.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 05:15 AM
ilisa

I'm sure Laurie can give much more detailed info since she is a member, but I'll take a stab at it. It is not a timeshare. You do not purchase weeks and are not locked into travel during a specific time period. You purchase points. The minimum amount of points you can purchase is 150 (if I am correct). The time of year and type of accomodation you want determine how many points you use. For example, a 7 day vacation during Christmas in a 2 bedroom villa would be many more points than a long weekend in February in a one-bedroom or studio. The great thing about the point system is that it allows you to travel several times throughout the year if you want, rather than force you to use all your time at once. Oh, you can also borrow points against the next year, or carry your points over.