Disneyland to Universal

Search

Disneyland to Universal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disneyland to Universal

The cheapest shuttle service I'm finding from Disneyland to Universal is $35 each. I think I can rent a car for less than that-yes, more trouble, but to save potentially $50??
I also need to get my son and I to Medieval Times from our hotel near Disney...so it might be more economical?
Anyone have any ideas?
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 03:29 PM

I'd personally go with the car rental as you can be at Univeral for as long as you like rather than on the tour company's time frame. It's a real easy drive (except for traffic) from Disney to Universal. If you rent the car, you could also swing by Hollywood Blvd on your way back to Anaheim and check it out...even if you're just in the car.

Also, it is an pretty quick trip from Disney to Medieval Times and not worth the price of a tour bus in my opinion.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 05:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Yes, definitely rent a car.
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 07:52 AM
ltt

the cars the best choice. however, be prepared that traffic congestion can be horrible between universal & anaheim. we did it on a saturday, late afternoon.
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

It looks like rental car is the way to go-thanks for your advice! I would like to be free from time constraints at Universal and that solves my problem of how to get to Medieval Times! I am prepared for traffic in the morning, but I'm sure we will be coming back later in the evening that we should miss it all.
Anyone know about the parking situation at Universal?
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 08:49 PM
ssm

Quick question: Why Medieval Times? I have been and really was disappointed. A new attraction just opened up near MT called Pirates Dinner Adventure. Same concept as MT but based upon the reviews, a lot more exciting and better food. Frankly, I have not been just yet but friends I trust say there is no comparison.
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 06:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Parking at Universal is a breeze. There's plenty of it. You can self park (cheaper) or valet park. I generally go for the valet park, just for the convenience, although it comes with a price.