Disneyland/LA two days-need advice

Aug 26th, 2000, 06:39 PM
Wyatt

Disneyland/LA two days-need advice

We will be arriving Christmas day-visiting Disneyland the 26th and LA on 27th-then back to Disneyland on the 31st after driving to Vegas and Grand Canyon. What sites should we not miss? We would like to drive by some of the stars homes. We are staying at Park Inn Int'l. Anyone stayed here with a report? Also, we need advice on traffic do's and dont's. Please address crowds on the Tuesday after Christmas and New Years Eve.Our plane leaves the 1st at 10.00 am. What time do we need to leave Anaheim-Park Inn Int'l, to get to SNA airport?Thank you.

Aug 26th, 2000, 07:37 PM
Diane

I believe the 'stars homes' are more in Los Angeles, and at least an hour's drive from Disneyland, assuming you're driving non-rush hour. LA is not the greatest place to be driving during rush hour.

Anaheim is about a 15-20 drive from SNA, again, assuming it is not rush hour.

Aug 26th, 2000, 07:44 PM
Paul Rabe

It is no surprise that, in trying to get away from gawkers and stalkers, celebrities do NOT want the location of their private residences known. That does not stop people from selling "Maps of the Stars' Homes", most of which have information that is years out of date or just plain wrong -- with the wrong info just being passed from one map to another. A drive through Beverley Hills will be pleasant enough if you just IMAGINE who might be living in some spectacular home.

An alternative I suggest is spending a day at either (1) Universal Studios (infotainment on movie making), (2) Warner Bros Studios (MUCH more information but must be reserved a few weeks in advance), (3) Rodeo Drive (don't look for bargains!!), (4) Will Rogers State Park, or (5) some of the nice museums in the area.

Aug 26th, 2000, 09:05 PM
Linda

It's been about 5 years since we were in LA, however, when we were there we were told by our hotel and car rental agency that it's better to drive between 10:00am and 4:00pm during the day and after 7:00pm in the evenings to avoid rush hour bumper to bumper traffic. We followed this advice and had no problems. Although one day coming back from Santa Monica we hit 5:00 traffic and it took 2-3 times longer to get back to our hotel.

As far as places to see in addition to Disneyland I would recommend Universal Studios and Knotts Berry Farm Theme Park.

We were there in the summer so I can't say what the crowds at Christmas are like. Hopes this helps some.

Aug 26th, 2000, 09:20 PM
Gary

Hi:

You likely already realize that the week after Christmas is one of Disneyland's busiest times. Many larger SoCal corporations close down that week, and locals take advantage of the time off for the biannual Disneyland pilgramage. In addition, thousands of Rose Bowl visitors invade the park as part of their tours.

On the other hand, the off-week takes a LOT of traffic off the freeways (except at the mall exits). I don't think traffic will pose a problem, although, light-traffic-week or not, I'd avoid the I-5 North between the hours of six and nine a.m.

Agree with the above posts: (1) a leisurely drive through Beverly Hills (and/or Malibu) is a lot more fun than being concerned about who lives where; (2) the above, as well as Will Rogers State Park can be combined: drive Sunset Boulevard west from West Hollywood--a route that will take you through Beverly Hills and past the following: Rodeo Drive, the Beverly Hills Hotel, lots of mansions, UCLA, Brentwood, and the park, eventually emptying onto Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu (3) Warner Brothers has a great tour, and the studio is very close to Griffith Park, which is a great place to spend a few hours.

Search this Thread